X6 1055T OCCT LinPack test failure

t3chgeek

Limp Gawd
I have been testing a setup that I'm building for a client. The cpu is installed in a Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H rev 1.0 with latest bios, 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair XMS3 PC3 1600 1.65v. I have selected to load optimized defaults in the bios and in Win7 64bit ran OCCT LinPack test and within 5-15 mins it would fail saying that an error has been detected. I even tried to set the memory voltage to 1.65v and cpu to 1.5V (bios default was 1.475). I also ran memtest and it passed. So my question is there something else I can try or is the CPU a dud?

do you have an OC? if not, 1.475 is way the hell too high for a 1055T at stock speed, and even at a moderate OC, you shouldnt be that high

No overclock at all. That's the default the mobo has set for normal. The other thing is that running the normal cpu test in OCCT, it would pass. Only the LinPack one is failing.

that voltage is deffinatly too high, should be ~1.325 volts or so(cant find the correct number anywhere, and I dont own one so i cant say for sure)....1.4 is definatly too high though

that could be causing the issues.....try doing default, not optimized(that is probably why it is going to 1.475 volts) settings in Bios....

Thanks, just tried setting it at 1.325 in bios but showing as 1.25 in cpu-z/occt. so far 6 mins in with no failure. Just not sure why it would fail with a voltage of 1.475, cuz don't most people who overclock go up that high?

well, your heat is probably the issue, at 1.475v you get a crapload of heat, that could have caused it to fail....and most of the OC's on these new phenom x6's are at 1.4v for 3.8 GHz, or 1.5 to break the 4 GHz(in some cases, ive seen a few at 1.475 lol)......my guess is that it was heat though

no luck still fails, trying the normal cpu: occt test right now with the 1.325v bios setting.

hmm normal cpu: occt is failing now too at this voltage. Just bumped it up to 1.35v bios and re-running the normal cpu:eek:cct test

No luck with 1.35v either.
I guess I'll have to call AMD tomorrow to see if I can get an exchange.

Last edited:
ya, try and get a refund, cant htink of anything else it could be

Try whit one stick of ram at a time linpack in a lot harder on the ram then memtest try runing prime 95 (not on blend) to check just the cpu I bet the cpu is ok could be psu or mb to what psu do you have

I assume you bought the combo at frys? Take it back to frys get an exchange. Your cpu is faulty. You can try upping your CPUNB to see if that helps.

but most likely faulty. I got a faulty CPU from frys the first time, came back,exchanged. Came home plugged it in and no problems. I even have it overclocked to 3.9Ghz stable (havnt pushed farther).

how can yall say its the cpu whit out ruling every thing out first? could very well be a bad stick of ram or the wrong timings or it could be a cheep ass psu for all we know. could be the mb to ram falls a lot more then cpus do and takes 5 mim to test one stick at a time

I had similar issues and thought it was the CPU, then motherboard, but it turned out to be the memory. Swapped it out and all my supposed CPU stability problems went away.

I had ram memtest and it passed 3 passes.

This morning I had contacted AMD to make sure. They did make me go through a bunch of trouble shooting and came to the conclusion that it is the CPU.

Running memtest 3 times is not enough.

Run it for 24-48 hours.

I had a single bit error in one EDO simm back in the ppro days on my firewal (openbsd) and it would crash HARD once a month.

Testing all 4 individually showed a single bit error after ~ 20 hours of testing.

After replacing that dimm it no longer experienced random crashing once a month.

I had ram memtest and it passed 3 passes.

This morning I had contacted AMD to make sure. They did make me go through a bunch of trouble shooting and came to the conclusion that it is the CPU.

Yeah, my memory would pass memtest some of the time, but not others. All of the sticks would pass in each individual slot, but when I ran them together, no dice. I swapped out one of the kits and have never had an issue since.

Back