x58 intel redesigned boards

wesleys_dad

[H]ard|Gawd
Im not a big fan of intel boards for what i use them for but with the redesigned x58 boards and the 30$ rebate that is being offered, some models look very interesting for people looking for something less than extreme o/clocking...
take a look at neweggs site and see if you agree...i wonder manufactures these?....
I heard somewhere foxconn did but i dont know for sure....id like to see one in action and see the bios options.....

I really like the smackover 2, contemplating buying it for this spare 920 I have lying around.

They look okay, but the prices don't impress me much. You can get an ASUS Sabertooth board for less than $200, and it's feature-comparable with the Smackover 2.

Sabertooth only has a 4x electrical 3rd PCIe x16 slot, the SO2's is 8x. SO2 is also tri-sli compatible and IMO has better slot spacing. Not to mention it doesn't look like ass, like the sabertooth. I like Asus's products and currently I'm using both a P6T6 Revo and a RIIE, but I have no idea what they were thinking with that thing.

I do like the asus x58 sabertooth but the color just makes me gag...i used one so far in a customer build and it performs great,runs cool and looks like a turd in his windowed case....first thing he said when he saw it was what kind of a cheap board did you use...had to show him reviews on it so he is happy now...he wanted to know if i could paint the heatsinks lol....its a great board ,looks turd ugly, and maybe the US army in afganistan designed the thing...even my x58 dfi board with its glow in the dark slots looks better than the asus board...I like bling boards tho...people see my rig and the wow factor sells units for me....if i put a sabertooth as a demo rig id have to keep a puke can nearby,some people like the colors tho...I think the sabertooth x58 was designed for wondowless cases...lol

Back