x570 VIII Formula vs VIII Hero

orijin

Weaksauce
For the ones that own one or the other which one would you go for if money doesn't fully matter.

I have been debating on the VIII Formula for the potential future custom looping, I don't plan on doing a custom loop yet but have thought about doing it in the future once I settle into a new place. Is the price worth the justification over the Hero?

Eh. The custom loop is on the VRMs; unless you're REALLY going nuts, I'm not sure how much that really buys you. It's cool if you already have a loop, but I suspect that most people wouldn't need it that much (hence why it can be run without water if needed).

The vrms don't need to be watercooled, so the Formula is really just for epeen. And ek makes a monoblock for these boards anyways which will end up better a ton easier to route versus strictly a vrm block.

If you don't care about the OLED screen get the hero, the specs are the same otherwise besides the unnecessary VRM waterblock and the plastic cover over most of the board on the formula.

To add onto this, if you haven't already decided, I have the VIII Hero and the VRMs are basically cold no matter the load. Even without a fan directly over them, they struggle to hit 45c while pushing 200w through the CPU.

Back