x570 Steel Legend wifi worth it for $140?

horse

Gawd
I'm currently running a Strix B450-F that I basically got for free (traded some old games for it). I'm planning on doing some eol upgrades for my older comp, gonna grab a 5800x3d, a memory kit upgrade, and possibly an nvme ssd. Then it got me thinking. I see newegg has this board here, new, for what would be less than $150 to me. Do you think it would be a worthy purchase/upgrade to the B450, or basically a waste of $150?

If you're going with new CPU, memory kit, NVME drive.. and new board... why not go AM5...

Sounds like nearly a complete new build to me, except for GPU..

Just my thoughts...

I don't think you'd notice a big difference going from what you have now to a new board. The bigger upgrades are going to be the things you already mentioned.

And like jlbenedict says, if you're going to upgrade everything anyway, you might as well do so on a newer platform.

I'm currently running a Strix B450-F that I basically got for free (traded some old games for it). I'm planning on doing some eol upgrades for my older comp, gonna grab a 5800x3d, a memory kit upgrade, and possibly an nvme ssd. Then it got me thinking. I see newegg has this board here, new, for what would be less than $150 to me. Do you think it would be a worthy purchase/upgrade to the B450, or basically a waste of $150?

If you're going with new CPU, memory kit, NVME drive.. and new board... why not go AM5...

Sounds like nearly a complete new build to me, except for GPU..

Just my thoughts...
Agree----if you are basically replacing everything, may as well go AM5.

7700x is on sale at Newegg and Amazon right now, for just under $300. Comes with a voucher for the next Star Wars game.

I think that getting the 5800x3D only makes sense now, if you are only buying that, with no other changes to your system.

Thanks for the replies, I'm not gonna get that board. Wouldn't really make much sense, but it doesn't seem like to bad a deal tbh. I was looking at a 7600x and some b650e boards but it's a little more than I'd like to spend at the moment. Plus RAM it was going to be ~$700 or so.

I'm actually going to hold off on the ram for now I think and just grab the proc. We'll see where that gets me.

FWIW though... the Steel Legends are good boards and already now out of stock at that $139 steal

waste of $150. just plop the new cpu in your B450, and if you have 16GB RAM now, skip that too, unless you actually have a need for it.

^dayum!!!

The x570 non wifi's still on there for $150. Still not a bad deal itself.

Last edited:
Back