X570 motherboards price leak from ALZA.CO.UK

daphatgrant

Fi-yah!
Staff member
From the little I've gathered so far it's a toss up between the Asus Crosshair VIII Hero, MSI Meg Ace or Gigabyte Aorus Master for what I'm looking at.

Pieter3dnow

Supreme [H]ardness
From the little I've gathered so far it's a toss up between the Asus Crosshair VIII Hero, MSI Meg Ace or Gigabyte Aorus Master for what I'm looking at.

You expect that much from these motherboards feature wise ?
I mean if you are hooked on the PCIE 4.0 thing then I can understand this, but as it stands now (pending reviews saying otherwise) you most likely getting the same from experience from X470.

Derangel

Fully [H]

If the Hero wasn't over $300 that's be the motherboard I would be getting. Seems like one of the best boards ASUS has put out on an AMD platform in a long time.

Derangel

Fully [H]
I still consider https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Pro-WS-X570-ACE/ to be the best non-crazy, not-overengineered X570 board. Sure, it has only four SATA ports, only two M.2 drives, no USB 3.1 header on board (only the old style 3.0 header) - but the PCI-E lane layout, that is something awesome. x16/x0/x8 + x1 or x8/x8/x8 + x1. :cool:

Nice chunky VRM heatsinks too. I'm amused that the $380 board is one of the few without a useless extra 4 or 8 pin EPS connector.

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
I still consider https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Pro-WS-X570-ACE/ to be the best non-crazy, not-overengineered X570 board. Sure, it has only four SATA ports, only two M.2 drives, no USB 3.1 header on board (only the old style 3.0 header) - but the PCI-E lane layout, that is something awesome. x16/x0/x8 + x1 or x8/x8/x8 + x1. :cool:
I like that one too but only 4 SATA ports and $380, I’m just sticking with Xeon E

Crispy002

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone come across any reviews for the mobos? I'm specifically looking for some feedback on the chipset fan noise. Had one on X58 and it was a real pain in the ear after a few years.

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
Has anyone seen what size these chipset fans are? Wondering if a Noctua swap would be possible. Would be nice if so, but could push the price close to $400.