X570 Master XMP

killroy67

[H]ard|Gawd
So I noticed both on a set of Crucial and GSkill Ripjwas memory set, that when I enable XMP and everything is set correctly in the bios. Once I Boot into Windows and use CPUZ or HWinfo it shows my TRC at a incorrect speed, 75 instead of 48 for the GSkill, everything else is fine. What I find I have to do is set XMP in the bios, but set the TRC timing manually to 48, than its shows correctly in CPUZ at 14-14-14-34-48.

Does anyone else have this issue with the Master??

The problem with AMD motherboard BIOSes is that they assume that you're still using JEDEC timings instead of the XMP timings when they calculate the tRC. In my particular case, it selected 83 instead of 64 for the tRC because it took the calculated (converted from the native JEDEC timings of 20-19-19-43 at DDR4-2666) timings of 27-25-25-58 at DDR4-3600 instead of the advertised 18-22-22-42 (as in the XMP) when it calculated the tRC. Just about every single AMD motherboard does that same thing.

The problem with AMD motherboard BIOSes is that they assume that you're still using JEDEC timings instead of the XMP timings when they calculate the tRC. In my particular case, it selected 83 instead of 64 for the tRC because it took the calculated (converted from the native JEDEC timings of 20-19-19-43 at DDR4-2666) timings of 27-25-25-58 at DDR4-3600 instead of the advertised 18-22-22-42 (as in the XMP) when it calculated the tRC. Just about every single AMD motherboard does that same thing.
I manually set my TRC from 75 to the specified 48.......but I also noticed TRFC was running way off so I set that also. This board does not like having you do all your timings manually, even when you are just copying them from XMP. It's a very different experience from Intel rigs I have owned.

Reactions: E4g1e
like this
I manually set my TRC from 75 to the specified 48.......but I also noticed TRFC was running way off so I set that also. This board does not like having you do all your timings manually, even when you are just copying them from XMP. It's a very different experience from Intel rigs I have owned.
Your board may simply have a single tRFC setting. Some other motherboards have not just a single tRFC setting, but three tRFC settings (tRFC1, tRFC2 and tRFC4 like my Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming). I checked those auto-selected settings in Ryzen Master against what Thaiphoon Burner read from the XMP profile, and found my autoselected tRFC1, tRFC2 and tRFC4 values were only one off of the XMP values (e.g. the tRFC1 value was an autoselected 990, compared to the 991 that was programmed into the XMP).

Back