X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

You have the cable. You have the plugs. You aren't using the cable for any other purpose. It doesn't hurt anything; in fact it can only help by spreading the CPU power across more wires resulting in less voltage drop to the board, OCing or not.
Just plug the 2nd CPU cable in! I don't understand the resistance (pun intended) to plug in the 2nd cable.
I did on mine.

I think maybe you misunderstood what I said in my last post. I have 3 CPU cables in total for my HX1000 PSU. And yes I will be plugging all 3 in. I was just saying that the third cable on the Mobo side has only 4 receptor holes, so the third cable's 8 pin plug on the Mobo side will need to be split, with half used and half unused.

So in summary-
Cable 1- 24 PIN ATX from PSU to MOBO
Cable 2- 8pin from PSU side to 8 pin on Mobo side
Cable 3- 8 pin from PSU side to 4 pin on Mobo side (split on Mobo side as only has receptor for 4 pins).

Sounds good?

You have the cable. You have the plugs. You aren't using the cable for any other purpose. It doesn't hurt anything; in fact it can only help by spreading the CPU power across more wires resulting in less voltage drop to the board, OCing or not.
Just plug the 2nd CPU cable in! I don't understand the resistance (pun intended) to plug in the 2nd cable.
I did on mine.

I plugged both of them in as well - like you said, I had the plugs and figured it would help with power stability on OCs, so why not?

I think maybe you misunderstood what I said in my last post. I have 3 CPU cables in total for my HX1000 PSU. And yes I will be plugging all 3 in. I was just saying that the third cable on the Mobo side has only 4 receptor holes, so the third cable's 8 pin plug on the Mobo side will need to be split, with half used and half unused.

So in summary-
Cable 3- 8 pin from PSU side to 4 pin on Mobo side (split on Mobo side as only has receptor for 4 pins).

Sounds good?
All good. I must have misunderstood your original question 2 from your previous post to the one I quoted. I thought you were asking if the 4 pin CPU power plug needed to be connected. I was more reacting to the notion that the common response to that question is "no". And to that I say: Why not... and the rest of my reply you quoted goes here.

All good. I must have misunderstood your original question 2 from your previous post to the one I quoted. I thought you were asking if the 4 pin CPU power plug needed to be connected. I was more reacting to the notion that the common response to that question is "no". And to that I say: Why not... and the rest of my reply you quoted goes here.
Yea why not? Hell I brought a new PS because my old one didn't have enough for the MB and GPU. I didn't need the extra 8 on the MB but yea why not?

So in summary-

Sounds good?
This is exactly what I did for my board. 5950x on a 850W Corsair

The ROG RGB lights on the mobo, can I stop the LGBTQ colour cycling? :) It seems that I need "Armoury Crate"? Is it worth installing or too much junk?

Do it from in the bios. You can turn it off in there and not need any software in windows
Thanks! If I wanted to leave the light on but have just one fixed colour, then I will need to install the software, correct? For now I just disabled it.

Another dumb question, the mobo came with these two cables, what are they????

A-
IMG_20210505_090342-01.png

B-
IMG_20210505_090333-01.png

Thanks! If I wanted to leave the light on but have just one fixed colour, then I will need to install the software, correct? For now I just disabled it.

Another dumb question, the mobo came with these two cables, what are they????

A-
View attachment 353366

B-
View attachment 353368
Correct, bios just let's you set on or off. You can use armory crate or any other vendor software that supports asus aura sync or whatever it's called to control color. Those cables are extensions or adapters for 3pin and 4pin rgb accessories. Don't remember the difference off the top of my head.

Correct, bios just let's you set on or off. You can use armory crate or any other vendor software that supports asus aura sync or whatever it's called to control color. Those cables are extensions or adapters for 3pin and 4pin rgb accessories. Don't remember the difference off the top of my head.

One type uses 3 pins, the other type uses 4 pins. I'll see myself out :)

Dark Hero this is my build it was the most difficult build to acquire parts for. even cables for the 8-4pin cpu took 4 months. i got a custom set, then seen i had to get more custom to get the right cpu cables. pain in azz but she is finally done.

I received a shipment update email from Amazon. They moved the delivery dates from 7-6-2021 through 7-9-2021 forward to some time between 6-2-2021 or 6-3-2021.

holy hell i had to use amazon to get a asus strix gaming itx x570 fora vr build. it said june 3rd a week later august 25th lol. gl on board though and if you update bios and it kinda just sits there you can shut it down but i left mine for a hour when i had to update fora 5950x had a mini heart attack,.

holy hell i had to use amazon to get a asus strix gaming itx x570 fora vr build. it said june 3rd a week later august 25th lol. gl on board though and if you update bios and it kinda just sits there you can shut it down but i left mine for a hour when i had to update fora 5950x had a mini heart attack,.
I checked the status of my motherboard order and now it'll be here Friday.

AND...I found a 5950X for $1119 (yeah...it's a little over MSRP...but not an exorbitant amount) so I ordered it too, and it is supposed to be here Sunday.

Now I just have to hold out for a Radeon 6900XT...

oh i know i want the red devil version if it ever happens always like those cards above stock.

Looks like the motherboard is on the USPS truck for delivery today and my CPU was shipped via USPS for tomorrow delivery as well...

I hope these aren't delivered like the 3950X was...

long as you get lucky and not have this happen to you. cant show here i had a heart attack literally felt it stop after beating million times a second. this happened to my old x299 system i bought from ebay there was bent pins and thermal paste in socket ><

long as you get lucky and not have this happen to you. cant show here i had a heart attack literally felt it stop after beating million times a second. this happened to my old x299 system i bought from ebay there was bent pins and thermal paste in socket ><

What happened with me is that the CPU was marked as delivered by USPS on Nov 30. It wasn't. My apartment complex has a large centralized mail box area. Instead of putting it in my box (the packaging was small enough to fit since I have a medium-sized box), the mailman put it in a large mailbox which isn't assigned to anyone. That box is 5 feet away from my mailbox and is on the opposite wall. He then didn't tell anyone about it for over 3 weeks.

Dec 23 comes around and he's dropping off 12 Xmas presents I ordered from Amazon for friends and he tried to sneak the box containing the originally-ordered CPU into the other parcels. By this time I've already gotten a refund from Best Buy and ordered a replacement from Newegg at a steep $250 mark-up...Oh...and because of the major delay in getting the CPU (I didn't get the new one from Newegg until the 19th of the next month) I couldn't test the other parts within the 30 day time frame for Amazon returns...had 2 DOA high dollar items I couldn't return because they were outside the 30 day return window.

yeesh so marked as delivered by USPS isnt just happening to me i had this Dell S3220 delivered but they didnt say anything the mail guy dropped it infront of my garage which cannot be seen from my door, i only noticed this because i came out to do some yard work....

my $3800 Nvidia 3090FE was left infront of my door zero notice... untill id called then suddenly it showed delivered. i hate having to wait and see if they actually do the job some of these items are super hard to get and not cheap.

miss my old mailman from other place i stayed hed even call me to let me know hes downstairs as some of my tech was too big to fit the mailbox. moved now have absolute useless tool of mail person.

worst was this combo i ordered it sat in Miami for 54 days before finally making it to Toronto then to be a week later.

and if in Canada never buy insurance and mark anything fragile even if it s crystal or fine china. the second you say that it lets them insta deny any claim even if you pay for it.

learned hard way with a computer i sent to my neice. $1400 down the drain. they refunded me cost of shipping and the initial insurance i put on it... F%$# Them.

Least your 5950x wasn't delivered by amazon in an envelope :D Thankfully the CPU wasn't knocked loose and the box was just slightly dented in the corner when I got mine.

Least your 5950x wasn't delivered by amazon in an envelope :D Thankfully the CPU wasn't knocked loose and the box was just slightly dented in the corner when I got mine.

Man don't jinx me like that, lol.

I'm patiently waiting for it to arrive tomorrow and a million bad scenarios are already going through my brain housing unit

yeesh so marked as delivered by USPS isnt just happening to me i had this Dell S3220 delivered but they didnt say anything the mail guy dropped it infront of my garage which cannot be seen from my door, i only noticed this because i came out to do some yard work....

my $3800 Nvidia 3090FE was left infront of my door zero notice... untill id called then suddenly it showed delivered. i hate having to wait and see if they actually do the job some of these items are super hard to get and not cheap.

miss my old mailman from other place i stayed hed even call me to let me know hes downstairs as some of my tech was too big to fit the mailbox. moved now have absolute useless tool of mail person.

worst was this combo i ordered it sat in Miami for 54 days before finally making it to Toronto then to be a week later.

and if in Canada never buy insurance and mark anything fragile even if it s crystal or fine china. the second you say that it lets them insta deny any claim even if you pay for it.

learned hard way with a computer i sent to my neice. $1400 down the drain. they refunded me cost of shipping and the initial insurance i put on it... F%$# Them.
Is that a typo or is that what you really paid for a 3090?!

that was the cost in CAD but afte boarder fees and tax it quickly hit eye watering $4095

You can imagine how happy I was to see a bubble envelope used for my 5950x. Needless to say, I kept the CPU, but complained alot to the CSR's for an $85 refund. They also rejected my feedback after telling buyers to be weary since Amazon likes to send CPU's in bubble envelopes.
PXL_20210522_230958282.jpg

Back