X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

professional loser

Weaksauce
You have the cable. You have the plugs. You aren't using the cable for any other purpose. It doesn't hurt anything; in fact it can only help by spreading the CPU power across more wires resulting in less voltage drop to the board, OCing or not.
Just plug the 2nd CPU cable in! I don't understand the resistance (pun intended) to plug in the 2nd cable.
I did on mine.

I think maybe you misunderstood what I said in my last post. I have 3 CPU cables in total for my HX1000 PSU. And yes I will be plugging all 3 in. I was just saying that the third cable on the Mobo side has only 4 receptor holes, so the third cable's 8 pin plug on the Mobo side will need to be split, with half used and half unused.

So in summary-
Cable 1- 24 PIN ATX from PSU to MOBO
Cable 2- 8pin from PSU side to 8 pin on Mobo side
Cable 3- 8 pin from PSU side to 4 pin on Mobo side (split on Mobo side as only has receptor for 4 pins).

Sounds good?

IndyColtsFan

Limp Gawd
You have the cable. You have the plugs. You aren't using the cable for any other purpose. It doesn't hurt anything; in fact it can only help by spreading the CPU power across more wires resulting in less voltage drop to the board, OCing or not.
Just plug the 2nd CPU cable in! I don't understand the resistance (pun intended) to plug in the 2nd cable.
I did on mine.

I plugged both of them in as well - like you said, I had the plugs and figured it would help with power stability on OCs, so why not?

Azrak

Gawd
I think maybe you misunderstood what I said in my last post. I have 3 CPU cables in total for my HX1000 PSU. And yes I will be plugging all 3 in. I was just saying that the third cable on the Mobo side has only 4 receptor holes, so the third cable's 8 pin plug on the Mobo side will need to be split, with half used and half unused.

So in summary-
Cable 3- 8 pin from PSU side to 4 pin on Mobo side (split on Mobo side as only has receptor for 4 pins).

Sounds good?
All good. I must have misunderstood your original question 2 from your previous post to the one I quoted. I thought you were asking if the 4 pin CPU power plug needed to be connected. I was more reacting to the notion that the common response to that question is "no". And to that I say: Why not... and the rest of my reply you quoted goes here.

vegeta535

Supreme [H]ardness
All good. I must have misunderstood your original question 2 from your previous post to the one I quoted. I thought you were asking if the 4 pin CPU power plug needed to be connected. I was more reacting to the notion that the common response to that question is "no". And to that I say: Why not... and the rest of my reply you quoted goes here.
Yea why not? Hell I brought a new PS because my old one didn't have enough for the MB and GPU. I didn't need the extra 8 on the MB but yea why not?

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness

So in summary-

Sounds good?
This is exactly what I did for my board. 5950x on a 850W Corsair

professional loser

Weaksauce
Do it from in the bios. You can turn it off in there and not need any software in windows
Thanks! If I wanted to leave the light on but have just one fixed colour, then I will need to install the software, correct? For now I just disabled it.

Another dumb question, the mobo came with these two cables, what are they????

A-
IMG_20210505_090342-01.png

B-
IMG_20210505_090333-01.png

Light1984

Gawd
Thanks! If I wanted to leave the light on but have just one fixed colour, then I will need to install the software, correct? For now I just disabled it.

Another dumb question, the mobo came with these two cables, what are they????

A-
View attachment 353366

B-
View attachment 353368
Correct, bios just let's you set on or off. You can use armory crate or any other vendor software that supports asus aura sync or whatever it's called to control color. Those cables are extensions or adapters for 3pin and 4pin rgb accessories. Don't remember the difference off the top of my head.

Correct, bios just let's you set on or off. You can use armory crate or any other vendor software that supports asus aura sync or whatever it's called to control color. Those cables are extensions or adapters for 3pin and 4pin rgb accessories. Don't remember the difference off the top of my head.

One type uses 3 pins, the other type uses 4 pins. I'll see myself out :)