X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

mda

[H]ard|Gawd
Saw this board teased (not much of an announcement if there are hardly any concrete specs)... but I'm hoping they replace the 2.5GBPS Realtek with the Intel 2.5GBPS on this one.

If so, I may have my eye on this board.

Bonus for the fan haters - no fan.

Not sure what else is new for this board though.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Dark-Hero/

Ice009

Weaksauce
Apart from the passive cooling, I saw this mentioned on the product page "14+2 TI power stages rated for 90A". Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the previous C8H power stages are rated for 60A?

thesmokingman

Supreme [H]ardness
Apart from the passive cooling, I saw this mentioned on the product page "14+2 TI power stages rated for 90A". Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the previous C8H power stages are rated for 60A?

I forget too but it doesn't matter, the whole ROG line was way overbuilt already.

lucidrenegade

Limp Gawd

mda

[H]ard|Gawd
Yeah, saw that this morning. Still Realtek 2.5GB.

Funny that the newly released X570 TUF PRO is getting the Intel 2.5gbps though.

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
Saw this board teased (not much of an announcement if there are hardly any concrete specs)... but I'm hoping they replace the 2.5GBPS Realtek with the Intel 2.5GBPS on this one.

If so, I may have my eye on this board.

Bonus for the fan haters - no fan.

Not sure what else is new for this board though.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Dark-Hero/

It's an update of the previous Crosshair VIII Hero. It's going to largely be the same board albeit optimized for the Ryzen 5000 series. This is ASUS' SOP for board refreshes. They typically source the same integrated components. The PHY for the NIC won't change in cases like that.

ASUS' uses two power stages per phase. So, it's not 14+2 phase as the marketing sometimes misleads people into thinking. It's simply got 16 power stages. It's likely 6+2 phases with two power stages each. 4 power stages for SoC voltage, the rest for CPU vCore. Everyone else uses a single power stage per phase. So, GIGABYTE's Aorus Xtreme uses 14+2 phases, not 14+2 power stages. Just pointing that out so people understand the comparison. ASUS' voltage designs are vastly different than everyone else's. Sometimes this is good, sometimes its not so great. In this case, they are 90A stages vs. the 60A of the original board. ASUS uses these on its upper end boards. The Maximus XII Extreme for example, utilizes these same 90A power stages.