x570 Aorus Ultra showing Videocard using PCIE 1.0?

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
Looking in the BIOS of my Aorus Ultra x570 motherboard, it seems to show that my RTX 2080 is only using PCIE 1.0. It does show it running at 16x, but 16x using PCIE 1.0 is obviously a lot slower than 16x using PCIE 3.0, which I believe is what the RTX 2080 should be using.

The card running PCIE 2.0 @ 4x is a dual-port Gigabit card, and does indeed only support PCIE 2.0 and has a 4x PCIE connector.
The card running PCIE 1.0 @ 1x is my X-Fi Titanium sound card - no idea what version of PCIE it supports but 1.0 is probably correct as it's an old card and only has a 1x PCIE connector.

Any ideas why the RTX 2080 is showing PCIE running at version 1.0?

PCIE_slow.jpg

What does GPU-Z say when you put a load on the card?

GPU-Z reports PCIe x16 3.0 both with or without load. That's great if it's actually working correctly. It just really surprised me to see it listed like that in the BIOS.

GPU-Z reports PCIe x16 3.0 both with or without load. That's great if it's actually working correctly. It just really surprised me to see it listed like that in the BIOS.

I think you are ok... Probably just a bug in the bios.

Reactions: Mega6
like this
This is proper. The modern cards will change the physical link to conserve power. This has nothing to do with LSPM/ASPM (PCIe power management) that is core logic and EFI. If you notice that the left of @ is the link state of the interface-this is the most important information. You are proper with 3.0 x16, if you were not, then you should worry.

You will notice the same report with GPUz. Load a game and the link will then go to 3.0. To note, from GPUz when you place the pointer over bus interface: "power saving features may affect the result displayed." The 900 series did this and my 1070 does this. Been doing this for a long time.....even if power management features are disabled for PCIe in the EFI and Windows LSPM in Power Options you will have this.

Back