X470/X370 Motherboard Selection Help

prtuc2

Weaksauce
Hi Everyone,
I was doing some dumb thing doing BIOS flash and it brick my X370 Taichi motherboard. Kept getting code F9 and black screen. I am pretty sure it is done for. I am in for suggestion for a new motherboard, this time I want something with a dual BIOS or something that can have a fail safe for BIOS update. Price isn't much factor, currently Newegg got the Asus Prime X470 Pro around $140, but the CH7 $251. I would like to stay away from Asrock and Gigabyte both company gave me pretty bad experiences. I am open to suggestions. Thanks.

I went through a three Gigabyte x370 boards before I got the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon X370.
It's rock solid and I've had no issues with it.

Kyle likes the X470 version.

I like the CH7. Been working flawlessly for me since I installed it. If price isn't a factor, seems like a solid board.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Went ahead and got the CH7, but wondering why the CH7 only has 1 BIOS for a high end motherboard? Most of the Intel board they made got dual BIOS.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Went ahead and got the CH7, but wondering why the CH7 only has 1 BIOS for a high end motherboard? Most of the Intel board they made got dual BIOS.

It has bios flashback if you screw something up. I've flashed the bios a couple times since purchase and haven't had any issues.

I just built a new Ryzen system with the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon X470 and love it!. Everything is rock solid and the BIOS is great.

Back