X470 and B450 chipsets coming march 2018

I doubt they add much. Maybe better I/O and wifi. I doubt it is worth the upgrade if you already have b350.

They might be for PCIe4, since the SOC does the x16 and m.2 slot and the chipset everything else at 2.0 maybe the chipset is being upgraded to PCIe3/4?

They might be for PCIe4, since the SOC does the x16 and m.2 slot and the chipset everything else at 2.0 maybe the chipset is being upgraded to PCIe3/4?

The refresh is the same Zen, just on 12LP. So no PCIe 4.0. The chipset could be upgraded from PCIe 2.0 to 3.0 however.

The refresh is the same Zen, just on 12LP. So no PCIe 4.0. The chipset could be upgraded from PCIe 2.0 to 3.0 however.
That is a good guess and makes a lot of sense, which would have better parity with Intel features.

Hopefully it will enable more of the 32x PCIe lanes on a Zen chip.

Currently we have 16x (GPU), 4x (NVME), and possibly 4x (Chipset).

I'd like to see the other eight exposed.

I'm hoping it is a chipset problem, rather than a socket problem with AM4 (which sounds more fundamental)

Hopefully it will enable more of the 32x PCIe lanes on a Zen chip.

Currently we have 16x (GPU), 4x (NVME), and possibly 4x (Chipset).

I'd like to see the other eight exposed.

I'm hoping it is a chipset problem, rather than a socket problem with AM4 (which sounds more fundamental)

it's mostly a chipset problem.. right now the 3x0 series only add's PCIe 2.0 lanes from the PCH vs intel's z170/z270/299 which has PCIe 3.0 lanes. my gut feeling is that AMD will switch to the same setup with the 400 series to put am4/SR4 in line with what intel's current setup allows.

Back