X370 Mini ITX Motherboard and Ryzen 7 1700 For $263

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
There are a couple items on sale on eBay right now for an amazing price. Newegg's eBay store has the Biostar X370GTN Mini ITX motherboard brand new for $62.99 and free shipping, and seller platnummicro has the Ryzen 7 1700 on sale for $199.99 with free shipping.

The Ryzen 7 1700 was our pick for the best value in the Ryzen lineup, winning itself a Gold award, and one of the CPUs we tested is still running [H]ard in our cooler test review platform. And if you're just looking for an ITX board for your new 2000 series Ryzen CPU, it has been confirmed that Precision Boost 2 will work on X370 boards, however it is unknown how good of an overclocker this board will be. It does have the RGB frag harder goodness tho.

While I can't say for certain, a search of the UPC on the eBay listing does show that the 1700 is bundled with the Wraith Spire cooler, for even more value.
I don't need this. At all....

I still ordered them.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
GOD DAMMNI! I fell on the stupid but it now button! Ah well, I have a spare brand new Ryzen board too put my 1600 in now. Maybe I'll turn it into another ESXi server.

Thanks, ordered the mobo for when I get around to upgrading my Plex Server. I’m in no hurry, so,only buying parts when an incredible deal is available. Just need to wait for the 2700x to drop to an insane level like when I got my 1700 for $250 a month or two after it’s release via eBay.

FYI, some people on the net have said you need to watch out for [tall] RAM clearance on that board with some of the retail boxed Ryzen coolers. The manual for the board has mention of this in it.

EDIT: Here is the info from their product page:

Cooler Installation Notice :

AMD Wraith Stealth CPU cooler only compatible with DDR4 modules without heatsink(The depth of memory within 45-70mm can be installed, but it may touch the cooler.)

AMD Wraith Spire CPU cooler compatible with most DDR4 modules with heastink(86mm)

AMD Wraith Max CPU cooler only compatible with DDR4 modules without heatsink(The depth of memory within 45-70mm can be installed, but it may touch the cooler.)

Last edited:
Micro Center has the Ryzen 3 2200G for $79.99 if you have one of them close by

http://www.microcenter.com/product/...M4_Boxed_Processor_with_Wraith_Stealth_Cooler
As a Canadian, WTF is it with Micro Center. Since when does brick'n'mortar consistently beat on-line retail?
There isn't much margin here. Many of my fav stores charge extra for non cash transactions because of how tight they are (usually 2% as that is the standard credit card hit)
How can an on-line retailer with no associated box store overhead not compete?

as far as i can remember , Microcenter has always had the lowest CPU prices around . I think they use that to get you in the door , the rest of the prices seem a little higher , but not that bad. They are like a home depot or Walmart just for geeks , and i can never leave there with any money left in my account!!

as far as i can remember , Microcenter has always had the lowest CPU prices around . I think they use that to get you in the door , the rest of the prices seem a little higher , but not that bad. They are like a home depot or Walmart just for geeks , and i can never leave there with any money left in my account!!

Yup they lure you in with those sweet CPU and motherboard deals, then everything else you need is 10-20% higher than Newegg / Amazon unless it's on sale. But hell you're already there, so why not get everything you need in one shot (is what they HOPE you do). And their selection of parts is pretty good, equal to or better than Fry's. But they will push some high margin things like Antivirus, etc. One guy told me they got a $ spiff for every NOD32 license sold. Hey I like NOD32, but I'm not paying $30 when I can buy it online for $10. But a lot of people don't know that because they sell a ton of it.

Anyway I like options and have a love/hate relationship with Fry's... and I love Newegg but their shipping can be so freaking slow sometimes unless you upgrade.

Plus their open box deals can be awesome, but can be pretty random.

the eBay listing does show that the 1700 is bundled with the Wraith Spire cooler, for even more value.
.​

thanks for posting this (I couldn't resist either lol) and yes, the Items Specifics section clearly says "AMD Wraith Spire LED Cooler Included"

Last edited:
Microcenter has a $30 MIR and $30 off mobo deal right now for 1700 series Ryzen CPU's. If you bought a ASRock B350ITX (better), it would cost less after rebates.

Whats the situation with updating the Biostar x370 to use a 2000 series chip like the Ryzen 7 2700? I'm assuming you need to have an older 1xxx chip in order to install the new BIOS?

Whats the situation with updating the Biostar x370 to use a 2000 series chip like the Ryzen 7 2700? I'm assuming you need to have an older 1xxx chip in order to install the new BIOS?
Amd will send you a cpu to update your bios.

Back