[X360/XBL] Rating Unreleased Games...

Nihilanth99

2[H]4U
... Marketing teams 1, honesty 0. It's either that or thousands of gamers out there have inside reviewer connections that I don't. So many "bestest games evarer" that have never been played!

My apologies, but it had to be said.

I doubt this has anything to do with marketing teams. It's just idiot gamers saying that a game is going to be the best thing ever before they've actually had a chance to get their hands on it. It's not exactly a new thing. :)

I doubt this has anything to do with marketing teams. It's just idiot gamers saying that a game is going to be the best thing ever before they've actually had a chance to get their hands on it. It's not exactly a new thing. :)

This is so true. But even though we KNOW Final Fantasy 13 is the bestest gamez ever!!! Its facing stiff competition from God of War 3 which as we all know is better than sex, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 which is the radical offspring of God having sex with Awesome! Oh and did i mention that the main character from Halo 3: ODST is the second coming of christ. I mean the character comes back to life after death (after a respawn). What more proof do you need.

Just look at this forum and the freakout about games like killzone 2 based on 3 second gifs. Some people can't help themselves.

Yeah, I guess it's nothing new. What can you do but

picardt.jpg

The mainstreaming of gaming is very real and is here to stay, but damn it I don't like it!

The mainstreaming of gaming is very real and is here to stay, but damn it I don't like it!
Fanboys and overhyped games have been around long before gaming went mainstream. In fact, it's the hardcore that's the problem, not the casual and mainstream players. Few casual players could even tell you what games are coming out next month, let alone which ones they're looking forward to.

This.

My guess is that MS will tighten the restrictions on the rating system over time. I would think you shouldn't be allowed to rate games you haven't played. Simple solution.

I see this same crap when I'm browsing ebgames.com for game release info. It'll be a game that hasn't been released yet but some dumbass will have a 5-star review saying that "this game is gonna be awesome".

Haha yeah. I see that all the time nerfing the reviews just about everywhere. Amazon has it really bad too. People are rating things they don't have, or something they want jacking up the review and ratings systems. Idiots.

Back