X360 - Does it have the DICE chip?

kent

2[H]4U
DICE - Dolby Interactive Content Encoder

i.e. 2ch -> 5.1ch (similar to Dolby Live)

The reason why I ask:

- Had an old XBOX, enjoyed listening to 2ch music in 5.1 (actually 2.1 across 5 speakers, it was a "clone" mode, i.e. F L/R cloned to R L/R & Center)

- Now have X360. Hoping it will do the same thing. Hoping it will clone F L/R to R L/R

Yes?

Blauman

[H]ard|Gawd
Yes I think so.

I dont know about that, when I listen to cd's or mp3's on my 360 only the fronts are used and there is nothing coming out of the rears at all. But of course when I go to games the rears are working. I dont know if it is a setting that I am missing but it is setup for 5.1 but defaults to 2.1 for cd and mp3 playback.

enlightenedby42

Supreme [H]ardness
Any time sound is coming to my receiver from my 360, it's in Dolby Digital mode, much like my old school one.

I haven't really bothered to notice if it actually does 5.1 with it, but it seems to behave exactly like my old box did.

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
using the optical out on my (once ~$5,000 MSRP) Denon 5700 THX Ultra receiver...

I get true dolby digital out on games - Can hear the distinct 5.1

But when listening to MP3's. I only get stereo. (the receiver always says dolby digital 5.1) but I get no sub output nor any rear outputs.

To fix that I just bump it to stereo on my reciver (which then mixes back in with my sub)

I thought mine was messed up too, but that's how everbody's is from what I've read.

Not sure why. The old xbox would go to pro-logic if there was no dolby digital content coming through, but the 360 stays on Dolby Digital all the time but only puts sound out the front L & R speakers.