X360 Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviep

Supreme [H]ardness
Black screen of death? Man they really need to stop running consoles on Windows kernals... lol

xbox360_bsod_01.jpg

*adds to picture archive

Anyone else got pics of consoles messing up? :p

even though this is old, i will say there has been one report of dirty disk error.

thats ok were gonna have a fun time with sonys new Blue ray drive

What makes it really funny is that it says "Only on Xbox 360".

That's my new background. :)

I wonder what caused it... lol. I've had game consoles freeze on me, but never like that.

I've heard some one seeing one on display frozen because they sealed it in plastic display case without ventilation.

My guess is that this picture, is from one of the Kiosks that did not have adequte ventilation in the cabinet housing the XBOX360.

(damnit beat to the punch by 1 min)

Hahahah It reminds me of when Bill Gates first introduced Windows 95 to the public, we saw the Blue Screen of Death for the first time.

GG Microsoft.

DukenukemX said:
What makes it really funny is that it says "Only on Xbox 360".

That's my new background. :)
Your gonna make a low res camera phone photo your background? ewwww.

I was really surprised at the lack of foresight on the design of the xbox 360 kiosks at best buy. They've got it in a bubble with no holes, and no fans. If there is a fan, it has to be under it, but unless the heat vents are on the right side of the box, I don't know what purpose that would serve.

Seems like asking for stuff like the OP's picture to me.

I've seen error messages on my first generation Gamecube. Was playing Metroid Prime (first release) and it eventually gave me a disc read error. Reset the system, wouldn't read any Gamecube discs.

Luckily, I was still under warranty - my replacement Cube has been fine ever since I received it (3+ years).

Isaacav2 said:
Hahahah It reminds me of when Bill Gates first introduced Windows 95 to the public, we saw the Blue Screen of Death for the first time.

GG Microsoft.

no that was windows 98, but i wouldnt be suprised if that happened with 95 too

Disc read errors (i get them all the time on my dying PS2) aren't as bad as total system errors. It could've been a ventilation issue.

My guess is a ventilation issue....has anyone seen the kiosks that are in best buy or gamestop? There's maybe 2 inches of air around the entire system...plastic covers the whole thing....but I've gotten errors like that with a few systems...on PS1 I got a black screen that said "out of VRAM" while playing "Vigilante 8".

It just came to me, that is almost EXACTLY the screen that comes up when there is a disc read error on the original Xbox....or when the disc drive isn't attached....hmmm...

And you still insist you don't have an agenda, steviep?

GG on staying predictable, though...

You can get those sort of errors from any number of things. Putting the video-cord of the original Xbox upside down made the green light turn yellow and crashed the system. When I forgot to reconnect the HDD on my original Xbox after a mod, it did that.

Just like the blue screen on the X-box when they were previewing one game... It was a racing one I think... Good job microsoft!!! Another screen thats says error!!!!

DarkSeraphim said:
And you still insist you don't have an agenda, steviep?

GG on staying predictable, though...

You can get those sort of errors from any number of things. Putting the video-cord of the original Xbox upside down made the green light turn yellow and crashed the system. When I forgot to reconnect the HDD on my original Xbox after a mod, it did that.

Well, none of those things are the case for this BSOD, the cords are all locked up, and the core systems have no HD.

And this is what you call an agenda? I call it humour, my friend. It's a concept that you may catch onto one day.

Ummm.. Couldn't such a BSOD be the fault of the person who programmed the game that was running when it BSOD'ed, and not the xbox itself?.... I'm just sayin' y'know.

Yes of course it can. But it seems to be a hardware-related issue. A game would likely just freeze.

um steveip is hardcore as nintendo !!!!!!s come, it could just be cause some redneck walmart employee droped it when carrying it, but of course thats impossible in steves world its always what he thinks and couldnt be any other possible thing

That's actually probably like a kernal panic, not a bsod. You guys forget that the X360 is running PPC processors now and so that error is like the one that macs sometimes get, kernal panics, which look almost exactly like that. Sorry for nitpicking! :p

I am almost 100% positive that it's a ventilation error. Way back when I worked on a circuit we hooked up the original xbox in an enclosure very similar to the ones at walmart. Everything was piled on top of itself inside the thing, and there was very little space around it at all. The display had two fans, and get this, a light bulb that got hot as shit.

The fans quit working due to the power supply that powered the fans going out. We didn't notice, until we got the xbox error screen just like that one above.

If you put ANY piece of electronics inside a POS enclosure like that it will fail. How long till a computer coughs up if you put it in a box with no ventilation? I hate to sound like I'm !!!!!!ing for MS, but it really isn't their fault when the console cooks itself inside a plastic bubble. Any console would.

Maybe I'll put my gamecube inside a tupperware container and run it till it produces an error. Hopefully it will be Mario with a single tear rolling down his cheek, and a big unhappy frown.

I'll bet the PS2 error screen has a picture of Ken Kutaragi giving you the finger and stealing money from your dresser. :D

MS's error screen should be changed to that video clip of Gates getting faced with a pie, and then it should say "OWNED" :)

Ninetendo gave you that pink screen and entertained players for hours trying to figure out ways to make the game work. Slam it against the edge, blow in it, stick a butter knife in there. Oh the fun =)

Ballz2TheWallz said:
um steveip is hardcore as nintendo !!!!!!s come, it could just be cause some redneck walmart employee droped it when carrying it, but of course thats impossible in steves world its always what he thinks and couldnt be any other possible thing

Please continue your attempts to flame me. I could say the exact same thing in reverse, but obviously unlike you, I try my best to keep the comments from being personal, and instead related to the topic of the post. From someone who complained about the "black ladies are the worst and wouldn't let me play the XBox 360 at walmart", I shouldn't expect that you could have an open mind about what the possible causes of this error screen are. Is it possible that the entire kiosk was dropped? Or that the Microsoft rep who set it up dropped it? Sure it is, but how likely is it? Do you think it's more likely that there was a hardware issue (such as overheating) that caused a screen such as this? Obviously you don't, but I'd counter that it's the more likely possibility. This has nothing to do with Nintendo fan-boy-ism for Christ's sake! My world is not "black and white", it's unfortunate that yours seems to be.

You and DS turned this thread from a humorous screen, into an attempt to insult me, and it will likely result in the thread being locked. If anyone else posted this hilarious screen, it would be OK. But since the "Nintendo supreme fan-boy" posted it, it's an attempt to discredit the supreme next-gen system. Get real :rolleyes:

Isaacav2 said:

GG Microsoft.

Does anyone remember when Bill Gates demoed Windows Media Center on... Conan O'Brian; and it didn't work. Not only was Bill obviously irate (hilarious) but Conan was cracking jokes left and right. It was so embarassing for Microsoft and you just know that whoever was responsible was definetly going to get fired...

Funny Stuff.

Adam.

steviep said:
Please continue your attempts to flame me. I could say the exact same thing in reverse, but obviously unlike you, I try my best to keep the comments from being personal, and instead related to the topic of the post. From someone who complained about the "black ladies are the worst and wouldn't let me play the XBox 360 at walmart", I shouldn't expect that you could have an open mind about what the possible causes of this error screen are. Is it possible that the entire kiosk was dropped? Or that the Microsoft rep who set it up dropped it? Sure it is, but how likely is it? Do you think it's more likely that there was a hardware issue (such as overheating) that caused a screen such as this? Obviously you don't, but I'd counter that it's the more likely possibility. This has nothing to do with Nintendo fan-boy-ism for Christ's sake! My world is not "black and white", it's unfortunate that yours seems to be.

You and DS turned this thread from a humorous screen, into an attempt to insult me, and it will likely result in the thread being locked. If anyone else posted this hilarious screen, it would be OK. But since the "Nintendo supreme fan-boy" posted it, it's an attempt to discredit the supreme next-gen system. Get real :rolleyes:

I think you're both being ridiculous. If you fire back his ammunition, you aren't gonna pierce him. Can't we just agree that BOTH are possible, and that in either case kiosks have not set any standard for the REAL X360 to live up to. IMO, the XBOX360 has it's work cut out for it.

Adam.

steviep said:
Well, none of those things are the case for this BSOD, the cords are all locked up, and the core systems have no HD.

And this is what you call an agenda? I call it humour, my friend. It's a concept that you may catch onto one day.

Is that an agenda? What...the constant Xbox/Microsoft bashing that you do? Yes, that's an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back