X300 and X600

Koz

Gawd
The RV380 based card that will be called X600 from now on is a mainstream card that will occupy the sub $200 market and it based on 0.13µ (micron) architecture.

RV370 is ATI's first 0.11µ chip, will be called the X300, will sit in the sub $100 market. We'll get back to you on clock speeds and some more details when we have them, but but both of the cards are ATX based.
Source: The Inquirer

I think its interesting that ATI is so quickly jumping processes, remember how long they extended the .15µ... With increasing core complexity they are probably making that jump for R500 to keep the core size small, and not face the yield problems of nVidia.

Inquirer = take with a many many grains of salt

salt20flats.jpg

Everybody dogs on TheInq, but normally its pretty accurate. They have occasional slipups, but for a site that is fueled by knowing what they shouldn't know, they do a pretty good job.

Koz said:
Everybody dogs on TheInq, but normally its pretty accurate. They have occasional slipups, but for a site that is fueled by knowing what they shouldn't know, they do a pretty good job.

If you guess every single possibility, theres a chance you'll end up having the right one in one of your guesses.

Before last vid card launch, every day they had a new article with some type of rumor. Everyone points out how many they had correct, but for every right one, there seemed to be 3 wrong ones IIRC.

workingnonstop said:
If you guess every single possibility, theres a chance you'll end up having the right one in one of your guesses.

Before last vid card launch, every day they had a new article with some type of rumor. Everyone points out how many they had correct, but for every right one, there seemed to be 3 wrong ones IIRC.

That being said, I still read the inquirer and find it interesting, I was just saying that people shouldn't absolutely accept it as the truth. :)

be interesting to see what sort of performance these cards have to something like a 9800pro, thats if they are actually real and are ever released

^^ what he said, currently I don't *really* see the point to be honest.

Back