X2 5000+ 45nm/Quad FX-5000

jhartono0002

2[H]4U
Got this cpu as combo with Gigabyte 785GX-US2H for $118
its unlocked to Quad Core FX-5000 with 6MB L3 too :D

ps: cpu voltage might be lower for 2.75Ghz

lol? really...

an x2 5000+ into a quad?

benchmarks? this is funny/interesting and i have hard time believing it. But you can very well be the first one.

got a link to the combo?

When did you order, i want my cousin to order this but don't know if it will unlock.

Great unlock. I guess the standard unlock warnings apply here though: unlocking cores and cache is a hit or miss proposition.

haha, when i saw the 5000+ back on newegg i thought it was the 65nm version..didnt really notice the clock speed

Wow... I thought if the X2 5000+ 45nm could unlock it would be an Athlon II X2 or X4 but to be a Phenom II X4?!

Nice unlock OP!

Has anybody here actually unlocked two cores?
I'm going to order parts tomorrow but just want to make sure.
I only saw one webpage with unlocked core screenshot(many website had links to same screenshot)
Its either 5000+ 45nm or regor for new system

Wow... I thought if the X2 5000+ 45nm could unlock it would be an Athlon II X2 or X4 but to be a Phenom II X4?!

Nice unlock OP!

Athlon II x2/x4 are completely new cores, they are not related to the phenoms. I'm baffled as well! Guess it was one of the early batches that was still the red-headed step child of the phenom II.

ok, what are the settings in the BIOS? I have the exact same combo, but the proc isn't unlockable. The system starts up and just dies until I reset the BIOS. I've tried setting ACC to Auto and then with each proc. As well as setting the thign to "Hybrid" But still no go. I've even tried upping the voltage. So now I'm stuck with a 5000+ that doesn't outperform the unlocked sempron I picked up a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Athlon II x2/x4 are completely new cores, they are not related to the phenoms. I'm baffled as well! Guess it was one of the early batches that was still the red-headed step child of the phenom II.

The early Athlon II X4 were actually deneb cores (Phenom II) with locked L3 cache that can be unlock with the ACC feature. However AMD quickly pull them out and supposedly only a few small batches of Athlon II X4 deneb cores were release.

But its funny how a Phenom II quad lands up in a Athlon 1 dual core.

Hell... I wonder if someone can set the bar even higher by finding out a rare Sempron that can unlock into a Phenom II X4. Now that would be something...

The early Athlon II X4 were actually deneb cores (Phenom II) with locked L3 cache that can be unlock with the ACC feature. However AMD quickly pull them out and supposedly only a few small batches of Athlon II X4 deneb cores were release.

But its funny how a Phenom II quad lands up in a Athlon 1 dual core.

Hell... I wonder if someone can set the bar even higher by finding out a rare Sempron that can unlock into a Phenom II X4. Now that would be something...

oh yeah, that would definatley be nice..unlikey but nice none the less..ive used those in several builds so far none ive seen unlock anything past a dual but it could be possible

has anybody else got it unlocked? I just ordered one. for my ta785ge/128mb. My 550 did not unlock(0925apmw) Its going on ebay and hope my 5000+ unlocks

I'm hoping to try the unlock using the same bundle...still have to get a hold of enough money though. Hopefully by then these will still be unlockable.

I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention though...most people are still more concerned with unlocking the X2 550 BE or the X3 720 BE, but this costs half as much

Has anyone try this CPU on an AM3 board yet with DDR3? Since this CPU is suppose to be an AM2+ (meaning DDR2 boards only).

Unless AMD shove another pin into the CPU so it wouldn't fit in the AM3 boards.

Has anyone try this CPU on an AM3 board yet with DDR3? Since this CPU is suppose to be an AM2+ (meaning DDR2 boards only).

Unless AMD shove another pin into the CPU so it wouldn't fit in the AM3 boards.

the x2 5000+ 45nm wont fit AM3 socket, since its an AM2+ cpu.

the x2 5000+ 45nm wont fit AM3 socket, since its an AM2+ cpu.

Well think about it a bit. Since OP unlock his into an X4 with 6MB L3 cache. Wouldn't this make it a Phenom II?

Unless AMD is still making the AM2+ Phenom II X4 920/940?

Anyone got the guts to yank out that pin?

It would be fascinating if it had the DDR3 IMC as well lol.

I'm also suprise this is not getting any attention. I'm planning to get atleast 3 more if I can unlock first one I'll get in two weeks. Went to computer market yesterday(korea) and they didnt hear anything about new 5000+ and they told me they(AMD korea) dont import if its remodeled generations(sempron =( )

^
But isn't that link about the AMD Phenom II X4 940? Which has always been an AM2+ CPU and it came out before AM3 was release.

Thats what I'm trying to figure out. If it is a Phenom II AM2+ or AM3.

But I guess it would make more sense if it was AM2+.

Thats what I'm trying to figure out. If it is a Phenom II AM2+ or AM3.

But I guess it would make more sense if it was AM2+.

I think AMD's trying to clear out old AM2+ stock so it's likely that its just pinned for AM3 but still uses the old DDR2 controller and HT bandwidth.

Seems like another guy unlocked 5000+ combo deal from newegg(he posted at SD).
hope I can unlock mine with biostar 785 modded bios

ok, what are the settings in the BIOS? I have the exact same combo, but the proc isn't unlockable. The system starts up and just dies until I reset the BIOS. I've tried setting ACC to Auto and then with each proc. As well as setting the thign to "Hybrid" But still no go. I've even tried upping the voltage. So now I'm stuck with a 5000+ that doesn't outperform the unlocked sempron I picked up a few weeks ago.

Sometimes.. it just doesn't work.

It is called binning, for a reason. These batches were demoted because they have QA issues

I got mine unlocked to triple core (with 6mb L3 of course)
But my biostar wont let me increase my multiplier above 11x. My motherboard/cpu temp is showing only 27'C. Damn so much room for overclock but board is limited.
I used modded bios and used biostar bios and both wont let me increase multiplier

Last edited:
cpu.jpg

wish its quad core

Back