X2 4400s in stock anywhere?

Spacy9

Scotch is my Lord and Savior
I was going to purchase the X2 4400 from Newegg today - they said their ETA for a new shipment was today but now the CPU is totally off of thier site so I'm guessing they aren't getting them in today. I've looked at Tiger Direct, Monarch Computers, etc.. and none of them have them in stock.

Have you seen them anywhere today?

Thanks!

I guess I'll be more specific - anyone without a bundle :)

I really want either the 4400 or 4800 with the 1MB Cache for each processor - but the 4800 is a wee bit too expensive. I'll just overclock the 4400...

so wait a week then perhaps? It shouldn't be that big a deal to wait a little bit.

Looks like everyone is out of them, unfortunately. Newegg, ZZF, Monarch...

Hrm these chips still seem pretty high. Newegg has it's X2's for 600-1000+ what are the chances you guys think it has of hitting the 200s by August?

Glow said:
what are the chances you guys think it has of hitting the 200s by August?
won't happen. the 4000+ (2.0ghz, 512kb cache) might fill in the lower price bracket, but i dunno how cheap it'll be, esp since the normal single core 4000+ is $480

edit: disclaimer, i'm not 100% about the X2 4000+'s specs..

I'm waiting on these until the prices come down. My AMD64 3200+ OC'd is doing just fine.

Even though I'm dieing to see what the X2's have under the hood as far as computing experience goes.

tigerdirect is evil. that damned "buy now pay later" almost won me over lol. only about 2-3 weeks before i go 7800 gtx and x2 4800...

I can't wait to give an X2 a spin :D

Really interested in NV's multi-thread drivers and how it will impact gaming.

I've got one, I might sell it off and stick with my 3.6GHz P4, since it's hard to justify the cost. Should know in a week or so. Keep an eye on the FS Forum ;)

As no one can keep any of these chips in stock there is dang little motivation to lower the price anytime soon. If you were selling them you too would want to make some money too, no?

Keep in mind a winni 3200 is still pretty close to the price it was at Christmas ;)

What will prices be like in August though? On both these and the GTX, if anyone's feeling adventerous.

the gtx will probably come down with the launch of the r520, and nvidia's retailiation to that..

i don't see X2 moving much though :(

Well, I did it. I ordered the X2 4400 and the BFG 7800GTX OC from Tiger Direct. I also got a DFI SLI MB, 2GB of Corsair XMS memory, and 2 250GB Hitachi SATA II HD's. So I think I should be set for another 2 years before I need/want to upgrade again or I could always thow in another 7800GTX OC down the road.

Thanks for the help!

About $1900 with shipping. Although I now have everything coming EXCEPT the X2 4400+. Tiger Direct showed them in stock when I ordered and STILL shows them in stock but my order now shows ALL BACKORDERED! I called them and they said no it's on backorder we didn't have any in at all. I asked why they still show in stock then and all the guy said is "it happens". Seems like they are trying to get people to place orders and hope they wait... I'll keep mine still but I'm going to be looking else where too.

So now I have all the parts I need except the most important one :mad:

The search continues....

Oh yeah, the guy said he didn't have an ETA for them coming in :rolleyes:

Spacy9 said:
About $1900 with shipping. Although I now have everything coming EXCEPT the X2 4400+. Tiger Direct showed them in stock when I ordered and STILL shows them in stock but my order now shows ALL BACKORDERED! I called them and they said no it's on backorder we didn't have any in at all. I asked why they still show in stock then and all the guy said is "it happens". Seems like they are trying to get people to place orders and hope they wait... I'll keep mine still but I'm going to be looking else where too.

So now I have all the parts I need except the most important one :mad:

The search continues....

Oh yeah, the guy said he didn't have an ETA for them coming in :rolleyes:
relax, they told me the same thing and I had it a week later

Tiger Direct blows.

The company I work for had to drop them off the approved vendor list after too many screwups and bad products. Direct first hand experience and knowledge, not hearsay.

I hope you get your stuff and that it's not a RMA return item(s). We had a lot of trouble with them sending us out refurbs for new last year when we quit doing business with them.

Back