X2 4400+ Setup Properly?

celebsgb

n00b
I just put together my X2 4400+ After about a month of troubles with the motherboard (hadta RMA etc). So I put it together, seems fast as hell but I wonder if im getting the most out of it? I installed the X2 Driver off AMD's website and the Chipset driver for the motherboard. System shows the processor obviously. But I remember with my P4 3.2GHZ HT, when i'd go to performace it would show two processors in the list, I have only one. I also downloaded some cheap benchmarkin tool which listed the processor as not having multiprocessing capabilities. This all seemed odd to me. Any Ideas to confirm if its working properly or not? Im running XP Pro 32bit SP2

I just realized i posted this in the wrong section, sry :\ I dont have a Dual Processor system, just a Dual Core

Are you showing "one graph per CPU" or "one graph,all CPU's".
If the second you will only get one graph.

One way to check if its running correctly is run one copy of a single threaded client like "Prime95".
The check CPU load.
If its at 50% on a single all CPU's graph then its working correctly.

Luck.......... :D

All that shows is One Graph per CPU, no other option..

Also, i ran P95, Options > Benchmark and CPU Usage is 100% :(

AMD's CPUinfo software shows Processor 0, thats it so I'm guessing theres something wrong..

In that case check that the BIOS is reading/reporting the correct CPU.

It sounds like the BIOS is reading it as a single cored CPU and has only loaded a single CPU opperating system.

You may need a BIOS update to get it working correctly.

Luck........... :D

Had the same thing with my DFI Lanparty... just needed to flash the bios to the latest version. Give it a try, should let your board detect the second core and run it properly.

Back