X2 3600+ @3080mhz A 1180mhz OC

Nice one. You're using the Tforce 550 right? How many volts did you have to push through it? At about 2.7 or 2.8Ghz I need to start feeding some MAJOR volts to mine to get it any higher. 300+HTT either the motherboard or the CPU does not like for me.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Serge84/?action=view&current=3-2.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Serge84/?action=view&current=PICT0003.jpg

Here are some benches at that speed and the bios is now limited to 316FSB thanks to a new bios they fixed the FSB limit a bit. Its capable of up to 324FSB when I up the memory to 2.35V and I have no explination why it cant at 2.2v when my memory is capable of this... "see last pic"... at the same volts. Must be the memory controller. It won't give me over 1100mhz in the memory like my X2 3800+ did but nothing lower timmings cant fix.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Serge84/?action=view&current=ZV4.jpg

I needed 2.35V for the memory just to get past the FSB wall and broke 3ghz finally. Now I'm happy stable at that speed 24/7. But I still have yet to tweak my memory timmings.

Nice one. You're using the Tforce 550 right? How many volts did you have to push through it? At about 2.7 or 2.8Ghz I need to start feeding some MAJOR volts to mine to get it any higher. 300+HTT either the motherboard or the CPU does not like for me.

I needed nothing but stock upto 2.7Ghz then it hits problems at 2.9Ghz. At 2.8ghz I just need 1.35v. at 2.9Ghz I need 1.4v. and at 3Ghz I need upto 1.5v just to make it stable. I used 1.6+ volts just to see how high I could get. Oviouslly something is up with the Bios limiting high FSB speeds. I hit 317FSB and it does nothing when it should read about 3011mhz when it stays on 3ghz the after 318FSB+ and up it craps out. But my CPU wants to go higher as you can see. lol

I am using a Abit NF-M2 nView still.

Yeah I think my mobo craps out at 310+, maybe 320 now, not sure, I haven't fooled around too much with the newest BIOS. I would be interested to see how far I can take it though.. hmmm....

what kind of cooling do you have?

Yeah I think my mobo craps out at 310+, maybe 320 now, not sure, I haven't fooled around too much with the newest BIOS. I would be interested to see how far I can take it though.. hmmm....

what kind of cooling do you have?

Still the same, a Zelman 9500 however its been moded with a 92mm tornado that puts out about 120+ airflow. Going to put some in my case too. Best air cooling you can get if you want your comp to sound like a server it doesn't bother me.

Use clockgen to check its limits. BIOS's are the limit now a days it seems. A moded bios helps but clockgen gets it higher every time. If my lower multipliers worked right I could get almost 380+ FSB from this cpu like my Tforce did but its limited to 295FSB at a 9.5x multiplier.

How is that 8800 of yours. I been wanting that one. Would it be worth it to go from a X1800XT to a EVGA 8800GTS 320mb?

x1800xt to 8800GTS 320mb is a CRUSHING upgrade. x1800XT CF won't even hold a candle to the 8800, even at 1680x1050

I tried clockgen once or twice with this mobo... either I'm not doing it right or it just doesn't work, but upping my FSB was automatic lockup lol. Maybe I'll have to try it again, we'll see. I did a lot of tweaking when I first got this computer and a little more with each BIOS, but nothing too heavy lately. I think I should try again :D

I'm really enjoying the GTS. I have it hooked up to a 19" CRT and a 19" Dell LCD at the moment, dual monitors is quite fun :cool:

I game at 1280x960 or 1024, and it's playing everything really well, I've really enjoyed it so far. Only thing it's kind of choked on is Oblivion, but that's because I tried it with Texture packs and Everything VWD, etc... kills most systems haha. What else... everything's pretty silky smooth, although I think there are some newer games that aren't as smooth as I would have expected, can't think of them though.... Lost Planet is doing pretty well with Medium Shadows, but I think even the GTX owners are having to do that. Call of Juarez plays awesome with HDR, so no AA, but hey, it looks awesome, absolutely full graphics on everything. Amazing shadows and terrains in that game.

In short... I would recommend it. I went from a 3000+ and 1600Pro to this 3600+ X2 and 8800GTS and it's been an AMAZING change, for the first time I can turn everything up all the way at higher resolutions. It's everything I hoped and dreamed for *sniff*

man i wish i cold get an 1180 mhz overclock :D im laggin in quake 4, (prolly not the cpus fault) but 1180 mhz is nice. good for you

my 3600+ hits 3100+...stable...just upped voltage to 1.5 and ran orthos for an hour plus and just put it back down to 2.8ghz for everday use

I'll eventually go from my X1800XT to a GTS 640, but in the mean time, there's no real hurry. Very few games really kill my card as it is. I'm still waiting for games like Crysis so I can see the benefits.

I'll eventually go from my X1800XT to a GTS 640, but in the mean time, there's no real hurry. Very few games really kill my card as it is. I'm still waiting for games like Crysis so I can see the benefits.

Yeah, I have the same situation. Games like Armed Assault and Rainbow Six Vegas really hurt my X1800XT (but not so the friend's X1900XT; the additional pixel shaders really make benefit). I just hope Crysis won't put the 8800GTS into the same situation my X1800XT is now.

Well I know that for 90nm CPUs on air 1.5 V is considered excessive, while on water it's acceptable. Usually when you drop a process the voltages drop by about .1 V.

Nice overclock. I can get mine to 2809 rock solid stable with 295 HTT running orthos for 15+ hours. For some reason anything higher than 300 and it becomes unstable. Voltage in bios at 1.45 CPU v core and 2.1 for memory.

1.5v is child's play.. grow a pair

LOL

I haven't put my CPU past 1.45V in BIOS, but depending on whether my board overvolts or whether I'm just getting faulty readings in Everest (and every other program I've seen), my CPU volts have been @1.55+ with those settings. Gets a little toasty :(

LOL

I haven't put my CPU past 1.45V in BIOS, but depending on whether my board overvolts or whether I'm just getting faulty readings in Everest (and every other program I've seen), my CPU volts have been @1.55+ with those settings. Gets a little toasty :(

I have the exact same motherboard and CPU setup that you have, and get the exact same effect with my v core.

It is set at 1.45 in bios, then in cpu-z it show 1.475 idle, 1.55 when running orthos.

Back