X-Wing Fighter Launched

HardOCP News

[H] News
You have got to check out this video of a half-scale replica of an X-Wing fighter take off…and explode.

You might have seen the liftoff, but here's a video of the day we spent in the desert, awaiting the first (and explosively final) launch of the 1/2 scaled rocket-powered X-Wing fighter.

Best quote at the end after they launched that other rocketL "hoooolllly shiiiiiiiit"

Beautiful sight. Kinda wish they'd build another and attempt it, since they know now that there were structural problems.

Serious lift in those rockets to get that off the ground

favorite part is when they zoom in on R2s head.

A damn shame, since the model was sweet. Looked amazing for the first few seconds however.
The anticlimactic crash ruined it tho... should have been a big ass fireball...

that was sweet:) did u guys hear what they said it was made out of? cardboard, fibreglass and foam. i'm not surprised it broke up really...

Yeah the build materials were balsa wood which is pretty weak the speed it traveled at. Very nice build quality though, hope they rebuild it.

The busted parts were neat to look at near the end, and that other rocket was amazing.

was that other rocket 3 stages of the same? holy cow I'd like more details on that.

Wow. I thought it wasn't set to launch until the 10th. That's badass.

Waste of Money and good rockets. Someone should have done their Homework before putting this together.

Back