X:Rebirth - VR Version coming H1 2017

This game had mixed reviews when it came out, but after many patches and expansions...maybe it's good now?

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth_vr/info_en.php

Either way, could be pretty cool in VR.

the only interesting thing on that link

X4 is in development!

There is, however, also another project that we are working on and which is equally exciting to us: X4. It is still too early to talk about many details of this, and it doesn't even have a full name yet, but we are making good progress and I wanted to share a few words with you about what we have been doing in the last couple of years.

When we worked on X Rebirth we needed to make a lot of simplifications. We removed some features in order to be able to concentrate on others. But when X Rebirth was released, many fans expected it to be an "X4"; a game with most of the key features of the X3 games and then some. Since then, we have worked hard to make X Rebirth a better game, incorporating player feedback, continuing to develop the engine it is based on, and releasing many updates and expansions. However we also realise that there are still many unfulfilled wishes, some of which would require extensive changes that couldn't be implemented in the existing game. Many of these are things we would also like to see in a space game and these, along with the foundations laid by all the work and feedback that went into X Rebirth, have been the basis for the big project that we have been working on for the last few years: a real X4.

While I cannot say much about its features yet, what I can tell you about it so far is that it will allow you to fly many different ships, it will give you an all-new interface to manage large fleets, and it will give you full freedom when building stations from individual modules.

Please be patient with this and we promise to show some really cool things later in 2017!

This game had mixed reviews when it came out, but after many patches and expansions...maybe it's good now?

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth_vr/info_en.php

Either way, could be pretty cool in VR.
It would be some of the best news if it wasnt so crap.
I wish they would do this for X3TC and X3AP and give us a new story.
VR for fights and building stuff, monitor for trading and mundane stuff. Yeah.

If they fix Rebirth at the same time...
Although it looks like it will be multiplayer only like Elite, the save system wont be present.
I bought Elite and dont play it after they went back on their word to include single player, that was scummy.

Yeah, this is not ideal but bringing more full length titles to VR seems like progress for the medium. The X4 announcement is far as well.

It would be some of the best news if it wasnt so crap.
I wish they would do this for X3TC and X3AP and give us a new story.
VR for fights and building stuff, monitor for trading and mundane stuff. Yeah.

If they fix Rebirth at the same time...
Although it looks like it will be multiplayer only like Elite, the save system wont be present.
I bought Elite and dont play it after they went back on their word to include single player, that was scummy.

What do you mean they don't include single player in Elite? I haven't tried it, since the game seems empty enough in the "Open" mode, but it does have a totally single player mode.

When it was initially launched it was supposed to have a full single player offline game.
They later removed this after I bought it and offered refunds but the terms excluded me, somehow being too late joining, despite buying it for this.

I've always liked the X series, I've only dabbled a few hours in X3, the deepest I got was building closed loop factory setups in X2. But my pc was so crappy at the time it wasn't viable and I quit playing.

Picked this up during the Steam sale. I did the initial tutorial on getting familiar with Oculus touch controls. Compared to Elite, I will definitely be playing this over Elite just due to the Touch integration. Everything was easy to navigate and use and they realllly make good use of all the Touch controller features.

Back