X-Fi XtremeGamer sound issues...

EET

Limp Gawd
This is sorta weird, I'm slightly worried the card itself has an issue. I've noticed lately when I have the card set to 5.1 and the volume is turned all the way down, I can still hear the sub (no issues on headphones that I've noticed). So I started going back through the settings to see if I could find a happy medium where the sub worked as it should, but I could actually turn the volume all the way down. Well, I also discovered that when I turn on the CMSS, whatever speakers are set for the stereo effects, they're run at full volume, no matter where the actual volume is. I've tried reinstalling the driver, and reseating the card, but have had no luck. Has anyone else had this problem? This is in XP Pro with the 2/9/07 driver. I haven't checked to see if it does it in Vista, but that's the least of my concerns right now, as I don't use it very often, and have yet to use Vista when I play any games.

no havent had this issue- try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling. use drivercleaner also

Ok, I'll give that a shot (already reinstalled the drivers, but not removing). Never heard of Drivercleaner, what does it do?

Ok, I'll give that a shot (already reinstalled the drivers, but not removing). Never heard of Drivercleaner, what does it do?
Cleans your system of drivers... so you can be sure what you install is the OS's only choice to use.

Back