X-Fi XtremeGamer, good sound card?

superme1

Limp Gawd
I'm building my first gaming system, and am deciding on a sound card. This one is cheap and has average reviews. I will be using Logitech G51 speakers, so I don't need top of the line sound cards, and I don't know which sound cards will be overkill for my speakers.

Another card I have been considering is ASUS Xonar D1
If anyone has feedback on that, that would be great as well

If anyone has any feedback on this soundcard that would be great. I am wondering how well it works with 5.1 speaker setup, games, and how the drivers are

Thanks hardforum

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with either card, but I prefer the Xonar for its more lightweight driver application.

Thanks for the response,

I was wondering if anyone knew the Xonar D1's compatability with 5.1 speaker systems

The reviews I have seen have used stereo headphones as their sound source, and the features from the ASUS site only boast about it working well with :

"High-quality headphones, powered analog speakers, or a Dolby Digital or DTS decoder, to enjoy the ultra-high fidelity sounds of the card"

I'm not sure whether the Logitech G51 system I am getting has Dolby Digital or DTS decoder, or if it has analog speakers, so I'm not sure if the card will work to its full potential with these speakers, please give feedback

Thanks for the help

I use a D1 with X-540 5.1 speakers for gaming and movies and have never had an issue.

Last edited:
That's an excellent response, you've solved my issue and I'll be getting the Xonar D1

Thank you very much, wish I could uprank you

Back