X-fi Xtreme Music not working with BF2

Mermalion

Limp Gawd
I just recently bought my X-fi Xtreme Music sound card and this thing is great. The only problem with it is it doesn't seem to work with BF2. When I start up BF2 it screeches and crackles. I can't figure out the problem. I've tried searching, BF2 X-Fi, Battlefield 2 X-Fi but nothing finds anything related to this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jordan

If you ask EA about it, they'll tell you that theres nothing they can do about any Creative product being faulty, and if you ask Creative, they will tell you that it's lack of support by any EA product. It was one stupid false advertisement set in by both companies to sell products that don't work properly together.

Don't expect your voip to work if you prefer using TS in the BG and visa versa, and don't expect your sound to stay stable, after a few minutes if you can get it to work you start having a "record effect" where it plays the same sound over and over and over and over. I just put my sound settings on the lowest possible so I can get a performance boost in everything else...

GG

Enable the sound on your mb and install the drivers. If you get issues with your X-Fi in a certain game then just enable the mb soundcard via sound control panel instead. I have an X-Fi and an external EMU soundcard and I was getting an issue of speech drop out in the Steam version of X-3 on the X-Fi so I enabled the EMU soundcard instead and still have the same issue. In this case it's the game that is the issue and not the X-Fi. You can have multiple soundcards in Windows, just like you can have multiple video cards.

my x-fi extreme music works fine in battlefield 2, works in xp pro and it worked in vista 64. I have the latest drivers from creative installed.

Well then it must just be some people. I have to use my integrated sound for my mic and I love to use my soundblaster for my audio, but I can't even get bf to recognize now that I even have my x-fi installed... and yes, it is installed, only BF is being gay about it

I just recently bought my X-fi Xtreme Music sound card and this thing is great. The only problem with it is it doesn't seem to work with BF2. When I start up BF2 it screeches and crackles. I can't figure out the problem. I've tried searching, BF2 X-Fi, Battlefield 2 X-Fi but nothing finds anything related to this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jordan

I have the same problem with my X-Fi Fatality and BF2. It only happens in BF2. All other games work perfect. I've been searching for an answer to this problem for weeks with no success. :(

Oh well, I'm hoping CoD4 and/or Crysis (if they can fix performance issues) MP will be the BF2 replacement for me anyway.

Back