X-Fi Titanium with Z-5500

Sinster

Gawd
sounds like shit!!!
Holy crap.. I'm playing cd's and the sound is horrible in entertainment mode. Massive bass clipping and this is on low volume. It sounds a little better in gaming mode but not the greatest. When I do a speaker in THX that even sounds like crap but sounds a little better in "ent. mode speaker test".

Sounds like I have a FM stereo cranked max and the speakers are trying desperately trying to keep up.

UT3 Sounds like crap as well.. especially explosions.

Running Vista sp1 32

TOS for digital

Your volume output and treble and bass settings in windows are too high. Try turning them down.

upgrade the speakers in the z-5500 system to something better. possibly try gutting the speakers, getting a dedicated tweeter and a good crossover.

So what are you trying to tell me? That the z-5500 suck ;) ?

I have crystalizer off and CMSS-3D disabled... still sounds like shit...

Have you tried using 6 channel direct? X-fi cards are better for gaming that way me-thinks.

So what are you trying to tell me? That the z-5500 suck ;) ?

They don't suck, they are one of the best PC speaker sets around, but that's like being the smartest retard in the special ed. classroom...not a very noble distinction.

Are you using DDL? Are the z-5500 set to decode DD properly? I'd suggest using analog since the DACs in the X-Fi are probably better than the ones in the speaker amp.

In Ent. mode yes. In gaming mode no. Yes the z-5500 are setup to DD properly. I get 3/2 48(16) from the diagnostic of the z-5500

i thought it sounds better with crystalizer on..:|

Audio is individually.
Some prefeers one type of sound other prefeers a different "sound".
It's like taste.
Some like chille...some don't.

If you like the sound...go for it.
No matter what others might think or suggest...or even try and "golden ear" tell you.

I like some tracks better with chrystalizer on, some without.
I disable chystalizer in games though.

For giggles/intro try playing the first Kill Bill movie, the first fight scence.
First watch it without chrystalizer...turn the volume up good.
The try setting the chystalizer to 100% and watch the first fight scene again.

See what I mean? ;)

They don't suck, they are one of the best PC speaker sets around, but that's like being the smartest retard in the special ed. classroom...not a very noble distinction.

Are you using DDL? Are the z-5500 set to decode DD properly? I'd suggest using analog since the DACs in the X-Fi are probably better than the ones in the speaker amp.

There are much better speakers for less than half the price.

For 5.1, I guess so..... but I don't know why you'd want to go that low for a 5.1 setup.

Back