x-fi fatal1ty for 99 after MIR

Why did I just pay $175 for it @ Newegg.com ($50 rebate applies there also)?

I can't see the rebate. $100 is actually more inline to what this card is actually worth. Good thing i bought mine used for $153 a few months ago.

sounds really hot but...does a soundcard make that much of a difference over onboard audio? :confused:

enter260 said:
sounds really hot but...does a soundcard make that much of a difference over onboard audio? :confused:

it depends. to some of us it's important that we get the best sound available to others we can barely tell the difference or just don't find it worth it to empty our pockets for. my suggestion is to go to a display booth with one of these cards running and hear it for yourself. You don't have to go to CES as some places like Fry's Electronics will usually have a PC with a PCI sound card for you to try out. You'll also have to consider the speakers as well.

Much hotter than what I paid, $120. I had a creative mir though, check around Im sure theres another. Because I found several different sites offering a mir for the sound card weeks before I bought mine from ZZF.

Now thats shitty, what happened to Sound Blasters premuim cards value longevity? I remember paying nearly 300 for mine.

Ockie said:
Now thats shitty, what happened to Sound Blasters premuim cards value longevity? I remember paying nearly 300 for mine.

Wait, you're upset that they're not severely overcharging for these things anymore??? Nobody told you to be a MORON and spend $300 on a sound card...

Anyway, has anyone been able to get the rebate to pop up for them? I wouldn't want to order this and then find out afterwards I can't get the rebate. $100 is a good deal, $150 isn't.

So can anybody get actually get the rebate to come up? When I click the link I get a URL not found error.

Won't come up for me either, about to buy it but I need the rebate to work first!

alphaqforever247 said:
is xram goin to any use yet???

It's solved my crackling problems in BF2142. The previous card, X-Fi Xtrememusic cackled like mad w/ artillery...unplayable. It's a sh1tty fix, but hey...no more crackle.

I grabbed one, but had to call them to have them email me a copy of the rebate. It's not on the pdf site anywhere I could see.

Ended up grabbing one as well, good deal :)

Does anyone know if creative is coming out with a new series of soundcards soon?

vabch22 said:
I grabbed one, but had to call them to have them email me a copy of the rebate. It's not on the pdf site anywhere I could see.

Could you forward a copy of the rebate to me [email protected] I can see about hosting if for others to get too. Thanks . :D

There is an option to mail it to you, you provide an email and real mail address.

I think it's at the bottom of the page.

ElToro said:
Could you forward a copy of the rebate to me [email protected] I can see about hosting if for others to get too. Thanks . :D
yes please host it if you get it.
the link was working for an hour last night someone said, then it wasn't online again right after.

hity645 said:
Much hotter than what I paid, $120. I had a creative mir though, check around Im sure theres another. Because I found several different sites offering a mir for the sound card weeks before I bought mine from ZZF.

Heh, I grabbed that deal to like what, back in july?

thanks for hosting the rebate form.

anyone get their email confirmation for the order yet?

stag3 said:
thanks for hosting the rebate form.

anyone get their email confirmation for the order yet?

No problem on the hosting. Maybe you could add the link to your first post.

Yea, I've been waiting a while for my confirmation e-mail too. I guess I'm a little use to the same second newegg confirmations.

I called yesterday to find out why there was no confirmation email, was told the system was *a bit slow* ...low and behold 12 hours later I received it.

Tracking was never sent to me, but you can check on it from their website.

To the OP, thank you very much for hosting the rebate :)

Sphere

ElToro said:
No problem on the hosting. Maybe you could add the link to your first post.

Yea, I've been waiting a while for my confirmation e-mail too. I guess I'm a little use to the same second newegg confirmations.

done :D

Don't give me all the credit... :cool:

vabch22 was the one brave enough to call up Fry's and get the .pdf from them to begin with.

Wow....I bought a fatal1ty last week in the store for $200 with $50 Rebate.....then I returned it yesterday to pick up the Newegg Deal....and now this. I GIVE UP! Creative owns me.....and so deal hot sales.

MrSneis said:
Confirmed NOT in store....argh.
In store price is $200 w/ the $50 MIR

yep.. found out this weekend that even though it's not Outpost anymore.. they still don't match their own online prices..

With shipping starting at $10 plus tax kinda kills the hotness for me...sigh...

Back