x-fi extreme music :help:

Desolate

Limp Gawd
I passed all the diagnos test all my 5.1 speakers work fine, the sound comes from the correct spakers, but when any audio comes from my pc like windows start up/music/sound files/ nothing comes from the backs its not 5.1 sound. Games work but anything else doesn't. Everything is connected correctly and set to 5.1. Why isn't this working please heelpp. :)
xfi.jpg

Do you have any audio files you know are 5.1/multi channel? If so try playing one of those and report back as to whether you get led's for all channels. Playback should only be R/L on a 2 channels audio track unless you have the card do Stereo Expand or stereosurround thats all you should get.

Are you the one hposting simular issue at CL forums? If so something else I thought of. The way CMSS is done is a bit different from Live and X-FI. Perhaps you did have live version of CMSS enabled but with the X-FI the new version sound different?

Someone else feel free to jump in if Im off on this. I also dont play in creation mode yet so maybe its something particular to that mode I know nothing of.

Yeah thats me from SL forum, I tried THX sounds i have and still didn't work, the only way i can get 5.1 out is if i change my speakers to the matrix mode. I use to never have to use this matrix mode on my speakers before to get 5.1. I dont understand why this isn't working i pass all the tests. I also used windvd5 and set it for 5.1 i tried watching terminator 2 extreme dvd and didn't get the 5.1 surround out of it.

I dont use the XF-I yet, but I did notice there is a driver UPDATE on creatives website for your card

Can you try switching to Entertainment mode and give it a shot? Maybe it is something to do with how that particular mode works. Sorry not being more help just trying to to eliminate possible problems. Since the sound passes when you do speaker tests seems like the card and your speakers are correctly connected and working. Its other apps not outputting 5.1 when you test that has me wondering whats going on. I love my card but have to admit the having to switch modes to do things can be irritating. I find Entertainment mode works well for most things, for me at least, but to use Uber EAX in D3 type games you HAVE to switch to game mode 1st. Maybe theres something like that but concerning how sound is output in creation mode

Edit: Newls1 is right make sure you have the updates. Think they put out 2 so far, one was right after release and then a second one. Easiest way is to use the auto update feature at CL's web site. So far with the X-FI it has worked well to install using it.

Entertainment mode renders everything (at least on my comp) to 7.1 - Startup sounds/ect come through every speaker. Doesn't do it in gamemode/audiocrea-mode, though.

I have the latest driver update from the site. I just switched it to entertainment mode and ALL 5 speakers work but isn't that for like movies. Only on audio i only get the front 2 speakers working everything else works, the only way i can get 5.1 during audio is if i switch my speakers to matrix but is that normal? Because i never use to have to use the matrix to get 5.1 for music. And why aren't all 6 bars moving with the music?

BINGO!! I was really begining to suspect that. Just like how only way you can do CMSS-3D headphones is in Game mode

From the manual:

• Select Game Mode when you require the full power of the audio processor for the best gaming experience.

• Select Audio Creation Mode when you want to record audio with full fidelity ASIO support.

•Select Entertainment Mode for optimized movie soundtrack and music playback.

bratboy said:
BINGO!! I was really begining to suspect that. Just like how only way you can do CMSS-3D headphones is in Game mode

From the manual:

• Select Game Mode when you require the full power of the audio processor for the best gaming experience.

• Select Audio Creation Mode when you want to record audio with full fidelity ASIO support.

•Select Entertainment Mode for optimized movie soundtrack and music playback.
!!!!!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: SOOO entertainment mode is for music!!!!!!

Basically, yeah. I always kind of figured audio creation mode was for musicians working on art than anything else. So is all okay now or still have issues?

bratboy said:
Basically, yeah. I always kind of figured audio creation mode was for musicians working on art than anything else. So is all okay now or still have issues?
everything is perfect thanks!!!! :) :) :) :)

Back