X-Fi and NF4 Mobo Problems?

Finneal

n00b
All,

I'm about to pull the trigger on purchasing an XFi Xtrememusic for a new computer I am building but I am planning to use the NForce 4 chipset on an Asus mobo more than likely. After looking at Creative's support forums and feedback on Newegg, it appears that some folks have had PCI issues with this card. Have any of you had similar problems? Can this just be fixed with a firmware, driver, or bios update?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Charles III

The quickfix is that there is a BIOS workaround available. The better fix is that CL will replace the card with updated firmware, if the card you buy doesn't have the latest.

i have an X-Fi Extreme Music and a DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D, no problems at all, no bios flashes needed.

I went ahead and purchased it. Couldn't pass up that deal that Circuit City has going on em right now.

Thanks for all the help.

Charles III

I have an Epox nForce 4 board and I had the mutiple PCI devices problem. I flashed to the newest BIOS and it has been a'ok so far. I think that did the trick. So, if there is a new BIOS, you'd probably want to try that before RMAing.

Back