WTU: Radeon HD 5770 1GB

WTU - Want To Upgrade. Currently have a Radeon HD 5770. This thing is 7 years old.

Any suggestions?
-Must be faster than the 5770
-Must be power efficient
-Runs cooler

Games I mostly play (not demanding at all):
-Diablo 3
-Minecraft

Haven't done much research but a quick google led me to the GTX 750. Might be the winner unless there's another video card I missed out.

An R7 260x should be a good bit faster around the same price if you have a decent PSU.

For a few more $ I think it would be worth bumping up to the 750ti or r9 270 tho.

The GTX 750 1GB is a good choice. It has twice the performance of the HD 5770, and LOWER power consumption (by about 20w).

R7 260x is also good - they have about the same performance and power consumption.

BOTH CARDS ARE EXCELLENT.

I don't think you need something as fast as the R9 270 series to run something as simple as D3 and Minecraft, and you'd have to tell us more about your PSU, and what resolution you're running at.

Last edited:
An R7 260x should be a good bit faster around the same price if you have a decent PSU.

For a few more $ I think it would be worth bumping up to the 750ti or r9 270 tho.

The GTX 750 1GB is a good choice. It has twice the performance of the HD 5770, and LOWER power consumption (by about 20w).

R7 260x is also good - they have about the same performance and power consumption.

BOTH CARDS ARE EXCELLENT.

I don't think you need something as fast as the R9 270 series to run something as simple as D3 and Minecraft, and you'd have to tell us more about your PSU, and what resolution you're running at.

Thank you for the great responses. I'll look into the 750 ti and r7 260x. Here is my PSU, seems to be going pretty strong after 5 years: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256061

Another thing... my motherboard is still using the old PCI-E 2.0, is this a bottleneck for the 750ti/r260x?

Last edited:
psu should be fine for any of those. And all of those should be a big jump from your 5770.

I have the 270 OC Windforce, went from a Shappire 5770, such an upgrade it really is.

Back