WTT/WTS: Hobart 300 Amp Mig/Cart/Feeder in MN

botboy

2[H]4U
I'm looking to trade or possibly sell my Hobart welder. Spec is a Hobart MC300, serial is BBW-21021. Set up for 240/440 Single phase, includes power plug, wire feeder and a real beefy cart with wheels, also has 20-30' power cord with 3-phase plug. Infinitely variable output. Does not include the gun, regulator or bottle. Welding power supply and feeder are dark blue in color, both show some signs of their age but no significant dents or damage, just faded paint and a little surface rust. Cart is BEEFY. You could hit this thing with a truck and not actually damage the welder. Whole assembly weights something to the order of a half ton. I have a tractor to lift it into your truck bed and would be happy to do so for free if someone wants to come pick it up.

Unfortunately, I can't get 3 phase 240 or 440 into my house/shop, so I was going to swap motors in this welder. After removing its cover I discovered that the motor and generator are not one assembly, but that the bearings are on the ends of each with none in the middle (making it impossible to cut the shaft in the middle and couple a single phase motor to the generator).

So, that said, I can't *really* use this welder, short of putting it in someone else's shop. I'm not real particular but I have a few specific needs - any welder I'd be willing to trade for must:
- Run on 240 Single phase (first and foremost)
- MIG or TIG (if TIG needs to have HF/Arc start and preferrably AC/DC)
- Have infinitely variable output (not just a knob that selects between 4 rough ranges)
- Have separate feed rate and output controls - preferrably a separate feeder w/purge & feed buttons
- Put out at least 150-200 Amps
- Preferrably a brand I can recognize (Lincoln, Miller, ESAB, Airco, Hobart, etc)

I'd be happy for either a straight-up trade or trade my welder plus up to roughly $100 for a welder that meets above requirements.

If I can't get someone to trade I would sell it, I'd prefer to get around $300 for the power source, cord, feeder and cart (Just add gun, bottle and regulator and you are ready to go). Currently the welder is located in Delano, Minnesota which is about 30 minutes west of minneapolis. I can deliver to within around 200 miles for $.75/mile but you are going to need to have some way of removing it from the pallet it is currently sitting upon. Otherwise I can load it into your truck, it will happily fit (with pallet) in a 6' bed.

This welder came out of a metal fab shop and I was told it worked fine when removed from service (about 6 months ago). I have not personally tested the power source, but the wire feeder does work fine and I will guarantee that the power source will work when powered up.

You can email me at [email protected]. I do have a couple pictures of it if you want them.

I have heat under botboy and am paypal verified premier member. Will not ship this beast.

Bump for great...uh...welding?

Cold Dark Shadow, what city in MN are you from?

Back