WTT/WTS Asus Xonar Essence STX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeO

[H]F Junkie
Sold: Looking to trade my barely used Asus Xonar Essence STX. Will entertain offers on the following things:

• Headphones (already have 3 pair of Grados/Klipsch) so perhaps a pair of Senn's/Audio Technica, or other nicer headphones.
  • Bluetooth portable speaker (not the little bitty ones)
  • USB DAC or headphone amp
  • Other audio items I may entertain. Love vintage gear of all kinds.
Price is $135 shipped if we go that route. I'll leave this up for awhile and then it's off to the Bay. Obviously cash may be exchange either direction depending on the items.

About the card: Not a scratch on it and like new. Comes with box, all manuals, cd, cables, etc. I'm currently missing the coaxial/toslink adapter but if it matters, I'll purchase another. I'm guessing I was a dumbass and figured it was a worthless piece of plastic, which frankly it is.:p (Edit: I ordered the toslink adapter and will be here shortly).

3z35.jpg

Last edited:
That is the top of the line sound card there. Hate to see anyone get rid of that. Do you happen to have the daughter board also for it? And what did you replace it with?

I don't believe the daughter card goes with the STX, I think it's only for the ST. It sounds fantastic and love the headphone amp. I just don't use my main rig much anymore. I busted out the vintage and am using a Marantz 2270. I don't game, mainly just music.

135 on this card is a steal. anyone who likes BF or COD games. This puppy paired with a nice pair of headphones and setup with DH is a fantastic combo.

this is one part of my rig I couldn't live without.

Does this card require power?
Can you turn off the headphone output (independently) on PC? i.e. keep my headphones and speakers plugged in and control output?
Would I be able to use a powered subwoofer later on? Have A5+ and not sure if the sub would be attached to the sound card or speakers.

Thanks!

TypeO, I was thinking about a ST when I mentioned the daughter board. Too much on my mind currently.

It has a 4 pin molex power connecter on it for the power. Asus is the only one I know that uses a external power source to power their {pci-e bridge} sound cards . Great sound card. you will never need another one if you get it. Plus you can change out the op amps also to really tune it to your listening pleasure.

Thanks!

Can you turn off the headphone output (independently) on PC? i.e. keep my headphones and speakers plugged in and control output?
Would I be able to use a powered subwoofer later on? Have A5+ and not sure if the sub would be attached to the sound card or speakers.

Thanks!

It does require the 4 pin molex as Killer_K mentioned. In regard to a powered sub, it does appear possible based on several internet searches but I personally have never done so.

Yes, you can turn off the headphone output independently. You do so in the audio control center as shown below:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back