WTT P4 3.0 800 512 NW for 3.06 533 512 NW

NotEnoughSpeed

Limp Gawd
Just as it says, I want to trade a 3.0 800 FSB 512 cache Pentium 4 for a 3.06 533 FSB 512 cache Pentium 4. My laptop will not work with 800 FSB CPU's and this is the one I need. Email me if you are interested in a strait up trade.

my laptop uses a desktop pentium 4 class processor that runs on the 533 FSB, do they make mobile p4's that fit a standard socket 478?

NotEnoughSpeed said:
my laptop uses a desktop pentium 4 class processor that runs on the 533 FSB, do they make mobile p4's that fit a standard socket 478?

I'm pretty sure the mobile P4s are socket 478.

The mobile p4 s478 and the desktop s478 are the same socket, but with this said if u put a mobile p4 into a desktop rig then its time to oc :) but if u put a desktop normal wattage chip in your lappy u will cook the book! lappy chips are low Watt low volt chips desktop chips are higher Watt higher Volt..so in a lamens terms..it wont work unless u have a 4" tall intel hsf mounted to your lappy.

if you seen how big the heatsink is inside my laptop, you'd understand that it was designed for a regular P4. although Im sure it will work with a mobile class chip, I also know that it will work fine with the desktop version as well.

NotEnoughSpeed said:
if you seen how big the heatsink is inside my laptop, you'd understand that it was designed for a regular P4. although Im sure it will work with a mobile class chip, I also know that it will work fine with the desktop version as well.

There isent a lappy yet with a HSF big enuff to cool a desktop p4..Please go put a desk top chip in it and come back later after it has melted the fooking lappy all to hell..go read thermal specs then ask around...

I'm not even going to argue with you. Why don't you go look up the specs on HP Compaq Nx9010 series notebook and see what processors it supports... and yes my friend owns an Alienware rig with a P4 3.06 desktop processor the heatsink has two fans on it and major heatpipes. It Dosn't even matter, I just broke the screen so this lappy is going to be parted out.

Back