WTS or WTT: ASRock B550 Steel Legend ATX (NIB) $110 Shipped

tool_462

Limp Gawd
For sale:

ASRock B550 Steel Legend ATX Motherboard - $110 shipped
Purchased as part of a NewEgg Shuffle bundle to upgrade my kid's GPU but do not need the board. Opened box only for picture, anti static bag is still sealed.

Will trade for: 6TB or larger drives (can add cash), 8+ drive HBI / RAID Card in IT mode, Crypto

For sale are the above items which will be shipped from 64151 (Kansas City) by USPS unless otherwise negotiated.

Multiple items = discounts. Local pickup available in Kansas City or nearby. I am law enforcement and will meet at a PD or public place.

Accept PayPal / Crypto

Extensive Heat / eBay / HeadFi Feedback in sig and can be verified.

Last edited:
Interested in the 4TB gold if you can send me/post the CDI when available. (y)

People are telling me they're the most beautiful drives you've ever seen!
My drives are the best. The best drives.

2.5 million hours MTBF. Covfefe.
Yep, these look identical to HGST enterprise drives which are known for their durability. These are the very best sata drives you can buy and also the highest performance (in that product line). If you want the very, very best sata drives, these are them--it's all we run. (y) The only caveat is that if you're adverse to sound, you won't like these as they are going to make noise because they're built solid and you'll hear it. (Personally I'd rather have noise and performance over quiet and whatever compromise comes with that.)

Yep, these look identical to HGST enterprise drives which are known for their durability. These are the very best sata drives you can buy and also the highest performance (in that product line). If you want the very, very best sata drives, these are them--it's all we run. (y) The only caveat is that if you're adverse to sound, you won't like these as they are going to make noise because they're built solid and you'll hear it. (Personally I'd rather have noise and performance over quiet and whatever compromise comes with that.)

You are hired for my marketing team.

Price is negotiable for the 5 x 4TB or any lot. Get em outta here!

In all seriousness though, are those 4TB drives known for durability/reliablity?

Firm on price?

In all seriousness though, are those 4TB drives known for durability/reliablity?

Firm on price?

Maybe flexible but for this low of hours I think it's a good price. Anything on eBay will be data center pulls with 10x the hours.

Gold drives are aptly named and are probably the best SATA drives you can buy.

I have an honest question. Building a small home file server box and I do want a couple like 4TB hdds for it that are reliable of course. My plan and what I see recommended is to go with 5400rpm drives like WD Reds or SG Ironwolfs...

How much more power draw would there be from 7200rpm enterprise drives like these? I know they have to use more power. Its for a box I plan to have online 24/7.

I have an honest question. Building a small home file server box and I do want a couple like 4TB hdds for it that are reliable of course. My plan and what I see recommended is to go with 5400rpm drives like WD Reds or SG Ironwolfs...

How much more power draw would there be from 7200rpm enterprise drives like these? I know they have to use more power. Its for a box I plan to have online 24/7.

Gold specs indicate 6.7 watts read, 7.1 watts write, 5w idle. Red Pro (7200rpm Reds) are 5.7w read/write, 2.8w idle per spec. 5400 RPM Reds are obviously lower. Performance wise, Gold's are top dogs. MTBF 2.5 mil hours vs 1 mil and double the TB/yr roughly.

I don't think I ever tested 5 of them in the NAS for power draw unfortunately.

People recommend the 'nas' series drives mainly because enterprise drives like these usually cost 2x as much as 'nas' rated drives. And it's obvious to see why--higher performance and more engineered durability. These are basically twins of the entry level sas drives used in datacenters--doesn't get more reliable than that imo. And this is why these type of drives are all we use. (y)

(Nas drives which originated as desktop drives with a firmware change--basically coming from the bottom up versus the sata enterprise drives which are coming down from the top end sas drives in the enterprise. Over the years nas drives have borrowed from their enterprise bretheren, but manufacturers are clear to make sure they don't make them as good as their enterprise top dogs.)

I was more concerned about the power consumption because its a home box I plan to have up 24/7. I would guess the difference between like a 5400 rpm drive and this would probably be negligible maybe? I just dont know. I live in Cali so power is expensive. I would love to have the most reliable drives possible, but I wish it were 5400 rpm.

Bump for new mobo. Also have an RX 5700 XT Red Dragon I'm about to list for stupid scalper price on eBay but not comfortable listing here for that price - fees value if anyone REALLY wants to pay it.

Back