WTS/FS: douglasb's For Sale thread - Take a look!

douglasb

Gawd
I currently have the items listed below for sale/trade. I am sometimes open to trade offers, so it never hurts to ask. My PayPal is [email protected] and my Heatware is under "douglasb".

Items will be shipped via USPS First Class, Media, or Priority Mail at cost, unless otherwise specified. I do combine shipping costs for multiple purchases, in order to give you the lowest possible prices. I will be shipping from ZIP code 70711, so if you want to look up shipping costs beforehand, that is fine. Also, if you want to request a specific shipping carrier, I will do my best to work with you and make it happen.

••••• Laptops / Computers •••••

Lenovo ThinkPad R400 - PRICE DROP! - $OLD
This was my wife's computer. She recently gave birth to our first child, and as a "new mommy" gift, I got her a new laptop, so we are selling this one. It is configured exactly as it came from Lenovo. It will come with the battery and charger, as well as any software specified below. Here is the pertinent info about this laptop:

Specs:
- Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 CPU @ 2.53 GHz
- 4 GB DDR3 dual-channel RAM
- 160 GB hard drive
- CD/DVD Burner
- 14.1 inch display

Software:
- Your choice of the following operating systems:
Code:
• Windows XP Pro
• Windows Vista Business
• Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- BitDefender Internet Security 2013

HP G42-415DX - PRICE DROP! - $OLD
This was my computer. I am selling this one because I got a new laptop for myself as my "new daddy" gift (I know, I'm so thoughtful). This one is NOT configured as it came from HP; rather, I have upgraded a few things about it. I will included the original parts as well, in case you should ever need them. It will also come with a case, the batteries and charger, and any software specified below. Here is the pertinent info about this laptop:

Specs:
- AMD Turion II Mobile P540 CPU @ 2.4 GHz (original CPU was an Athlon II P340 @ 2.2 GHz)
- 12-cell extended life battery (original battery was 6-cell)
- 6 GB DDR3 RAM (originally 3 GB but I replaced a 1 GB DIMM with a 4 GB DIMM)
- 80 GB hard drive (I can upgrade this for a nominal fee to a 300 GB HDD or a 60 GB SSD)
- CD/DVD Burner
- 14.0 inch display

Software:
- Your choice of the following operating systems:
Code:
• Windows XP Pro
• Windows Vista Business
• Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- BitDefender Internet Security 2013

••••• Android Tablet •••••

Ainol NOVO 7 Advanced 7" Android Tablet - PRICE DROP! - $65 + shipping
I bought this to learn Android development and also to bring with me when I travel. I never got around to the Android development and I rarely travel (especially now that I have an infant son), so I am selling this. It comes rooted by default and I will include a case and the charger.

••••• Networking / Internet •••••

Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Motorola Retail Packaging - $OLD
This is a new modem in original packaging (although the box has the words "modem purchase" written on it in marker for some reason). I got this from Charter after one of their technicians "lost" my old modem, and since they provide me with a free leased modem, I don't really need the extra one. Comes with AC Adapter, a short ethernet cable, and whatever documentation/software is included in the box. Note: this modem is almost definitely flashed with Charter's firmware, but your ISP will probably re-flash it with their firmware when you plug it in.

AT&T Sierra USBConnect 308 Shockwave 4G HSPA+ Modem - PRICE DROP! - $15 + shipping
This plugs into a computer or other device via USB, and it allows you to use your phone carrrier's Internet connection. Good for places where you don't have WiFi.

Radar Detector - PRICE DROP! - $OLD

Cobra XRS 9345 14 Band Digital Radar / Laser Detector
I no longer have any use for this, as I don't speed any more since I often have an infant in the car. Funny how much stuff changes once you have a kid. Anyways, this is in pristine condition and comes with: power cord, mounting kit, and all paperwork/documentation.

••••• Hard Drives / Enclosures •••••

Samsung 3.5" 80 GB SATA hard drive - $8 + shipping

LaCie 2.5" 100 GB portable USB 2.0 hard drive - $OLD

Rosewill 3.5" USB 2.0 HDD enclosures - (2 available)
I have one black and one silver Rosewill USB 2.0 hard drive enclosure. The black one also supports eSATA. I am missing a few screws for one of the enclosures, so I will have to look around for them. $10 for the silver one and $15 for the black one, plus shipping costs.

••••• RAM / memory •••••
Kingston 2 GB (2 x 1 GB) DDR3 dual-channel kit - $OLD

••••• Other •••••
Texas Instruments Stellaris® LM4F120 LaunchPad Evaluation Kit - PRICE DROP! - $6 + shipping
This is a small ARM-based board that is geared towards students and those who wish to learn programming at a level close to the hardware. I bought two of these and opened one (and I have yet to do anything with it). I am selling the unopened one.

Sansa Clip 4 GB MP3 player - $OLD
4 GB MP3 player, but it also has a slot for a micro SD card so you can expand the memory. The firmware has been flashed to RockBox. It can be flashed back to default firmware, but most people agree that RockBox is much better.

••••• FREE (with purchase of $10 or more) •••••
Here is a bunch of random stuff that I have. If you buy at least $10 (cost before shipping) of stuff from this thread, I will throw in one of these items if you wish (just ask for one). If you buy something larger (like a laptop), feel free to ask for more and I will include whatever you'd like from this section.

2 GB Apple iPod Nano (2nd generation) - GONE
Comes with black case.

1 GB USB thumb drive (several available)
Various brands (mostly Kingston and SanDisk)

Last edited:
Back