WTHDIJS Video of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is definitely the "what the hell did I just see" video of the day. The worst part about it? It doesn't show you how the illusion is created at the end. Is it two set of hands and a window? Magic? Aliens?

woah - something if I had a LOT of free time on my hands I'd actually like to figure it out. lol pretty cool.

It's just twins with a fake mirror (it's not a mirror at all). If you look closely at the movement when the hands are placing the plastic shapes, you can see a difference in the movement.

Geometry in action. It's a special 3D shape that when viewed in 2D from different angles, appears to be different shapes. If you could see it in 3D, you would instantly see the real shape. The trick is that it is a 3D shape viewed in 2D because of the camera.

It's not a fake mirror. The mirror really is reflecting the objects.

Right.. watch him rotate the blocks at the 14 sec mark.. it shows you the blocks change..

Because of the angle of the camera records the reflection angle, the mirror shows the tops of the blocks unique shape that makes the mirror reflection appear different.

looks fake to me, I see 2 sets of hands moving things differently. They don't look in sync to me, and also there are shadows on the hands in the top portion and no shadows below.

I think its a specially shaped block thing. Like those sidewalk chalk artists that make it look like things are popping out of or into the concrete. Using perspective and shading to fool us.

looks fake to me, I see 2 sets of hands moving things differently. They don't look in sync to me, and also there are shadows on the hands in the top portion and no shadows below.

:ROFLMAO:

Not sure on the shadows, but the movements don't look perfectly in sync to me. That may be an illusion in itself. They just aren't timed right. First thing I noticed and thought of.

Could be the shapes viewed from different angles, too...

Yeah, you can actually see in the original video that the bottoms of the objects aren't sitting flat, because as explained in the other video in this thread, they're shaped weird.

Stupid eyeballs... so easily tricked by really strange shapes viewed at fixed angles. Love it!! Reminds me of some of the fancier side walk art.

It's just twins with a fake mirror (it's not a mirror at all). If you look closely at the movement when the hands are placing the plastic shapes, you can see a difference in the movement.

gemelos-Linda-and-Leslie-Hamilton-Don-and-Dan-Stanton.jpg

Back