WTF is going on here :(

WaXmAn

2[H]4U
So, I have used my custom WC'd PC with distilled water for 6 months (never any issues). This last weekend I tried out feser one liquid after trying the first 6 months with distilled water. I went tonight to top off the res and I see this below:

zjFqwj4.jpg

This doesn't seem good at all :(

Time to replace the tubing? I think going back to Distilled water and a clean out of the tubing is best.

IDK about this feser one :(

PC before with distilled water and blue dye.

JXYgrNJ.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like alot of gunk?

IDK, i personally wont use anything other than pure distilled (no dyes even :D), just a wimp i guess

not wimp. dyes become sediment and gunk the loop. you want colors, use colored tubing.:)

Why do they even make colored dyes then? Just seems like a recipe for disaster

Typically food colouring is used, it just stains a block (typically), no real performance difference or "harm" to the loop other than that.

I also just use Norprene, makes less to worry about as you cant see my liquid other than the res :D

Why do they even make colored dyes then? Just seems like a recipe for disaster

Time to do a full cleaning of the loop and go back to distilled tonight!

Time to do a full cleaning of the loop and go back to distilled tonight!

I don't envy you at all my friend..Having to tear apart 4 blocks and 2 radiators isn't my idea of fun:eek::eek:...I hope you are able to get it all cleaned up without a ton of downtime.

I spent last night running 2 gallons of distilled water through my loop. All cleaned and used my last bottle of Feser One to refill. The Res looks much better now. Don't know where all those particles came from.

Distilled water, a few drops of iodine and a silver kill coil is all I use - ZERO issues. I used to run dyes as well, but in my experience they will eventually gunk things up, stain tubing, etc. Like others have said before, if you want color, use colored tubing. Or install some colored lights. Adding additional crap to your water loop or wasting money on special cooling fluids will only have you cleaning out your radiator and/or blocks within several months and having to replace the tubing because it starts to look so bad. Nice clean rig by the way!

in 6 months when I need to do a flush of the loop I will go back to Distilled. I already stained the tubing already and still have feser one to use up. Will see how the loop looks in 6 months time.

Nice loop.

Another person with the 540. When i eventually put together my loop I will be using that case. Love the size and looks!

Back