WTF? C. of Riddick install failure?

AceTKK

Gawd
I just picked up Escape from Butcher Bay last night and I can't get the dam thing installed. Once it gets to Disc 4 I get a CRCCHECKFAIL error and installation closes. Anybody else have this problem? Is there a solution?

-Ace-

Hrm I just did a google for "Riddick CRCCHECKFAIL" and came up with this:

http://forum.gamestar.de/gspinboard/archive/index.php/t-84932

It's in German so I cant translate for you. But it looks like this guy is having the same problem. Perhaps the disc is duff? If you can take it back to the store they may be able to exchange it for you. I think that maybe a good shot.

Also, this sounds like a VERY rare thing. Google is usually pretty good at pulling info from sites and forums. The fact that I only got one link suggests that it is not a common thing. Take it back and get it exchanged.

"It is times again old history: the dear copy protection Securom prevents that Riddick can be installed on my PC. The Inst always breaks off with the message CRCCheckFail and deinstalliert everything. The telephone customer service did surprised (in various forums one can see that I am not the none with this problem) and was not not really helpful, although I around the realization enrich are that Phillips and LG admit DVD drive assemblies "for it are, problems now to make". Honestly said I am very content with my DVD drive, and if the industry does not create it to bring their crazy copy protection programs matured to the man then that is not my problem.

Still does someone have problems when installing Riddick? There is unfortunately still no solution of my knowledge. If Vivendi beacons universal with bad Beschwerdemails, the plays exchange again, if they are "defective". Learn werden's the manufacturers to understand only in such a way."

proud to be a german nazi :p jk

You mean proud to have the capability to plug stuff into a free translation engine.

They are having a lot of problems with Riddick... The forums are of no help either. Are you using a burner to install it from? That seems to be one problem because of SecuRom....

Why yes, as a matter of fact I did use a burner to install. Anyway I found the fix (credited to somebody on the Gamespot forums) in case somebody else comes across this problem. If you go into Device manager > IDE controllers and disable DMA mode on the installing drive then it will install properly. After getting over this hump it's been smooth sailing. I'm enjoying the game very, very much. It's very impressive.

-Ace-

Back