WTF are my power plans after 1809?

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
My surface go did the update to 1809 . First of all it downgraded my Intel UD615 drivers to Feb 2018 and I had to manually install Feb 2019 drivers. Now Power save, high performance, and ultimate power plans are gone. I pasted the correct text strings for the missing plans in admin cmd prompt but they still don't show. No option to show additional plans. Everything was working beautiful WTF can't MS quit screwing the os? Tweak it if you must but it doesn't need this major update crap every six months. Anyone any suggestions I really want the plans back....what a PIA microsoft is... and I am expecting more crap to pop up...

what version of 10 are you running? my edu versions at work only have balanced. my insider has a bunch

upload_2019-2-21_17-29-52.png

could try this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/110372-restore-missing-default-power-plans-windows-10-a.html

I tried all that already no go... still missing plansm win 10 home 64 bit

Last edited:
well then I guess you'll have to customize your one plan. that's what I normally do anyways. but its not that ms removed them, there is just a glitch somewhere on your system.

I'm seeing this a lot and I'm starting to wonder if it's not a "glitch" so much as MS trying to simplify (aka dumb down) the power management stuff. The standard schemes are still in Mobility Center (win-X, Mobility Center is near the top) and clearly under the "Battery" category as to drive the point home that tinkering with this will affect battery life.

Meanwhile my Control Panel > Power now has Balanced, "Airplane" and "Timers off (Presentation)".

My clean installed 1809 still shows the three original plans - Balanced, Power Saver, and High Performance.

If additional power plans are shown then they were either created by you or software. A good example is how there is a AMD Ryzen power plan available for people that install that software. It's not unusual for OEM device manufacturers to include their own power plans as well.

Back