WTB: Z77 Mini-ITX Motherboard - Socket 1155

ryanjg11

Gawd
Looking for a fairly cheap mini-ITX board, must be Z77 supporting LGA 1155 (putting a long-in-the-tooth 2600K in it).

Some potential models that I know exist out there:

Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
MSI Z77IA-E53
Zotac Z77-ITX WiFi
ASRock Z77E-ITX
EVGA Z77 Stinger
ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe

Help me find the needle in a haystack! :)

Last edited:
Good luck. Been looking for one for months

I just checked eBay, few there but you must be willing to spend 200 dollars. Almost cheaper to upgrade

were there just limited quality made or do people just really like their 3rd Gen Intel Processors?

I have a ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe in my current system running with a 2500k right now but not sure if i want to sell it to upgrade right now.

I was about to create my own post looking for the same thing. I want to make a UnRAID Server with my 2600k, however I want to use a mini-itx case instead of my current full ATX mobo. It's so hard to find a sandy/ivy chipset mini-itx!

I have a spare/backup ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe but not selling at the moment. It's a great board though.

You can buy an Intel DZ77SL-50k on ebay for about 50-60 bucks most any time. Great board, VG clocker. Ahh, but it's ATX...

Z77 has been getting /more/ expensive every few months for like, 2 years now. I paid $80 or so for my DB-DZ77GA-70K, and that was because everyone hates them for some reason. Honestly, after killing it with a BIOS update (WTF Intel? That hasn't happened to me in like 15 years) then somehow reviving it via a combination of button-presses, CMOS resets and voodoo over the course of a week, it's the best board I've /ever/ had. I'm sad they don't make current chipset boards -- legit sad. Cheapest SLI board that was out there when my Gigabyte Z68 died, by a mile, OCs better than the Gigabyte ever did, more stable, no cold boot issues... no issues at all really, once you manage to get it on current BIOS. Love this thing. I imagine the 50K is similar in that regard.

As insane as the mATX/ITX board prices are lately, you'd be better off getting a shitty $20 full ATX case from Newegg or Amazon and a DZ77SL-50K non-SLI board from eBay for $60.

Last edited:
Just stumbled upon this thread. I'm wondering why the 1155 ITX boards got so expensive? I have a GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX board in my HTPC. I might have to sell it if the value is really high!

Just stumbled upon this thread. I'm wondering why the 1155 ITX boards got so expensive? I have a GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX board in my HTPC. I might have to sell it if the value is really high!

Supply and Demand. A surplus of used 2nd gen chips on the market and low supply of Z77 boards that fit 2nd and 3rd gen. After two weeks of searching, I finally gave up and bought a cheap p67 with all the bells and whistles. The price of a good used z77 board on ebay is ridiculous.

I guess I don't regret getting a Z77 Sabertooth and Biostar Z77x-HiFi on my last bundle purchase, lol, wish they were itx boards though, I'll have to make due with Z87N-WiFi and Haswell , might have to get some Z97 itx boards before they go up.

Couldn't pass up a Maximus V and i5 2550k $225 , think I need help.

Last edited:
Back