WTB/WTTF Cheap SFF Computer i5/i7

Jedi

[H]ard|Gawd
I’m looking for a super cheap SFF computer like a Dell Optiplex i5 or i7. My budget is very low, so let me know what you have. Thanks! Jeff

Might help to know what you consider very cheap.
Do you need windows license on it?
Does it need a drive HDD/SSD?
Any specific requirements ie) USB3.0?
Amount of ram?
iGPU sufficient or does it need a dedicated?

Might help to know what you consider very cheap.
Do you need windows license on it?
Does it need a drive HDD/SSD?
Any specific requirements ie) USB3.0?
Amount of ram?
iGPU sufficient or does it need a dedicated?
I do not need a windows license i have those, it doesn’t need a SSD/HDD I have those, Lowest GPU would be an i5 Ram 8GB or none ( I have some ram, but not all kinds) GPU can be anything other than onboard.

This is going into an Arcade 1UP instead of a raspberry pi I’m trying to get it to run Naomi games and others that require more power than the pi. I already have built a few pi arcades and they are great, but they can’t run the newer roms, so let me know what you have?

Thanks!

Budget is very limited and I have a TON of stuff to trade / sell that im going to be listing
Like how limited? <$50? <$100? At least an idea would help. A lot of us either have cheap stuff or know where to get it, but we need to know how cheap. (y)

Like how limited? <$50? <$100? At least an idea would help. A lot of us either have cheap stuff or know where to get it, but we need to know how cheap. (y)
I would like to keep this as close to or around $100-150 that I could.

not bad, now I just got to troll the forum for a budget gnu that would fit, since the radion cards i have are far too big for a SFF

I’m leaning towards the optiplex, they seem to be pretty decent. Of those 3 what do you think is the best?

The cheapest, frankly they're all pretty much the same for your purpose.
I have one of the HP 8300s and the thing is a workhorse and near silent (I did replace the CPU paste though it was horrendously old).

not bad, now I just got to troll the forum for a budget gnu that would fit, since the radion cards i have are far too big for a SFF

I’m leaning towards the optiplex, they seem to be pretty decent. Of those 3 what do you think is the best?
Well, I'm going to PM you a deal that I was saving for myself, but would fit your build much better. (y)

As far as the 3--these were just what I found in a few seconds, but if I had to choose, I personally find the Lenovos to be faster even on the same specs, while Dells seem to be better for upgrading. But it will really depend on your final use case--I'd check out the manuals on all three and see if there's anything that might be an issue for you like power supply weakness, less dimm slots, cpu upgrade limits, etc.

Back