WTB/WTT Firewire/Round IDE cables

feelingshorter

Limp Gawd
A firewire 400 or 800 is fine. Nothing lower than 400. Ill give you 10 bucks shipped.

I am going to order IDE cables online.

I may have a couple Firewire and round IDE's lying around, I'm putting my box together again in the next few days, I'll let you know if I've got some extra.

All those three offers are taken into consideration. Please give the guy that first offered some time and i will move down the line accordingly.

PCHcables.com

It's a local place to me, but i've never seen better firewire cables around... I dont know about the 400/800 though, you'll have to check? Prices were great, so i snatched some up (firewire goes for like $30 in retail stores)... dunno the prices on round cables there, but i thought i might give you the tip

as for round ide, could always mod your own...just cut between each or each 2 wires or so, twist and wrap with electrical tape...takes about 20 minutes to do 3 cables

Originally posted by Mizugori
as for round ide, could always mod your own...just cut between each or each 2 wires or so, twist and wrap with electrical tape...takes about 20 minutes to do 3 cables

People are so helpful these days :D . That IS a good idea. But did i mention i had a window and a cold cathod light on my computer case? So the cutting up would look kind of cheesey. :confused:

Anyways, a firewire card for 30 bucks is too expensive. If you looked on ebay today, even new is like 15 shipped. I once saw it for 11 shipped (4 shipping and 6.99 for card). Brand new, supports the IEEE 400. And no one made a bid. The seller had great feedback, up into the 1000s. Yet no one bought it for some reason.

I guess i crapped my own thread? Still willing to buy 2 IDE (doesnt matter with color, doesnt matter old or new, just want it working) and a round floppy cable. Willing to pay 9 dollars shipped.

Firewire..still offering 10 shipped. Brand doesnt matter. As long as it works "kinda good".

Might i suggest PCH cables again? The prices are slightly better (from the very VERY brief glance i took) , but there's no free shipping. I think on the larger orders, PCH cables would be the better value. They gave me great srevice when i ordered from them, the owner (pat) actually E-Mailed me back and suggested a cheaper shipping method. (I left him a comment on the order form complaining about the shipping prices ;D $10 for 3 cables is a RIP OFF), he was able to drop the prices down to about $4. Great guy, great company, great experience. I left the first reseller rating i think... maybe the second.. o_O

As far as rounding your own cables, you can make them look damn good if you have the time/expertise/magic touch!

Originally posted by diredesire
Might i suggest PCH cables again? The prices are slightly better (from the very VERY brief glance i took) , but there's no free shipping. I think on the larger orders, PCH cables would be the better value. They gave me great srevice when i ordered from them, the owner (pat) actually E-Mailed me back and suggested a cheaper shipping method. (I left him a comment on the order form complaining about the shipping prices ;D $10 for 3 cables is a RIP OFF), he was able to drop the prices down to about $4. Great guy, great company, great experience. I left the first reseller rating i think... maybe the second.. o_O

As far as rounding your own cables, you can make them look damn good if you have the time/expertise/magic touch!

Rip off huh..ill look into the best way to buy it and thanks for hint. First time buying round IDE cables online. Of course i checked around on the internet and at a local microcenter so 10 dollars shipped for 3 cables seem about right to me.

oh no no, i was talking about shipping... $10 shipping for 3 small cables is definitely ridiculous...

Originally posted by diredesire
oh no no, i was talking about shipping... $10 shipping for 3 small cables is definitely ridiculous...

i think he means from callcct.com, it is $10 for 3 cables with free ground shipping.

Originally posted by AMD T-type
i think he means from callcct.com, it is $10 for 3 cables with free ground shipping.

Wow...I did not know they had free shipping. I guess i better lower my offer price. And i still need a firewire card if anyone has it!

stumpy has yet to contact me. I still need firewire! I am going to order round IDE/round A drive from the website.

You need a card or cable? I've got a couple 10 foot 6-6 firewire 400 cable here and some 6 footers, too.

Originally posted by widefault
You need a card or cable? I've got a couple 10 foot 6-6 firewire 400 cable here and some 6 footers, too.

need the 400 card. If i cant find one soon, i mind as well buy on ebay.

I got your email. I dont even care nor will i bother to ask any questions. As long as you guarantee that it works and is not DOA. If so email me your paypal address and give me heat and ill send payment really fast.

Originally posted by widefault
Cool, PayPal is the e-mail in my sig below.

Dint give me your heat/ebay but thats ok. I saw you on the other forum and it seems that you are establish. But it would be goodi f you had one so i can build up my heat also.

Sorry, was out all morning, just got back. You have a PM with my heat and ebay info.

Back