WTB: Thermaltake Tsunami Dream drive rails

Halon

Gawd
This is a long shot going around twenty years back, but I managed to find a dirty Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case up my street last week. After a very thorough cleaning it's in fine shape and now home to a Ryzen 3600 build. Problem is, it has two empty 5.25" bays. Does anyone have some drive rails rattling around? If you even have one I have a friend with a 3D printer who could knock out something for me. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
To clarify, you're just looking for the plastic 5.25" covers for the drive bays? I believe I have the same case collecting dust up in the attic, just want to make sure I'm looking for the right parts before I make the climb.

Reactions: Halon
like this
Sounds like he is looking for the rails that go on either side of the drive that allow it to slide into the 5.25" drive bay.

I too have one of these laying around, I can take a look.

1672847729280.png

Sounds like he is looking for the rails that go on either side of the drive that allow it to slide into the 5.25" drive bay.

I too have one of these laying around, I can take a look.

View attachment 539430

I'm sure a generic rail would probably work. I had this case and I don't remember it being super proprietary. Even that PCI latching system (Pepperidge Farm remembers 1 slot GPUs like that) could come off and you could screw it down IIRC.

like this
Yep, Fritzz is correct. Those are the pieces I’m hunting for. And kirbyrj is probably right, but if someone here has a 1:1 match that could save some headaches. The PCI latch system is unfriendly to modern video cards whose heatsink apparatus projects above the PCI bracket’s height (the plastic tab snags), so I ended up removing a handful of small screws and then pulling out the purple and green latch system. Some of the aesthetic choices made back then boggle the mind.

To clarify, you're just looking for the plastic 5.25" covers for the drive bays? I believe I have the same case collecting dust up in the attic, just want to make sure I'm looking for the right parts before I make the climb.
I posted before coffee this morning and didn’t make it clear - I’m looking for the 5.25” drive rails. Went ahead and edited the post to reflect that - sorry for the confusion!

Welp, I crawled up in the attic and checked in the case; sadly, the drive rails were not in there. Hopefully Fritzz can track some down. However, if not, the drive rails are one of those things I know I've got somewhere (because as the wife isn't afraid to point out, I never throw anything away), I'm just not sure where exactly :LOL:

like this
Welp, I crawled up in the attic and checked in the case; sadly, the drive rails were not in there. Hopefully Fritzz can track some down. However, if not, the drive rails are one of those things I know I've got somewhere (because as the wife isn't afraid to point out, I never throw anything away), I'm just not sure where exactly :LOL:
Don't tear your hair out looking for them, I appreciate you scrambling up there. Should you happen upon them, let me know!

Random but on topic-ish. Do you have the silver or the black version?

I lost the little top hatch that covers the USB, headphone, microphone and Firewire(just dated this case).

I'll take a look this afternoon when I get home. I "think" there is a system in there and pretty sure it has a IDE drive.

Random but on topic-ish. Do you have the silver or the black version?

I lost the little top hatch that covers the USB, headphone, microphone and Firewire(just dated this case).

I'll take a look this afternoon when I get home. I "think" there is a system in there and pretty sure it has a IDE drive.
I have the black version. Whoever owned this before me also lost the cover to the top hatch, but I can 3D print something to cover that space outright - I ended up tossing the USB/FireWire/speaker/mic module because it protruded down far enough to keep me from installing a power supply easily. This definitely a case (no pun intended) where I have specific functional uses planned, but I'm not interested in keeping all the old accessories for completeness' sake.

i only have one and maybe a second one that i have kept for a long time.

edit: i had two pairs. let me know if that works for u

Attachments

• PHHty9C.jpg
    PHHty9C.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
like this
Back