WTB/TF: Antec Sonata Case (Open to Other QUIET PC Cases, LMK What You Have)

topcat989

Extremely [H]
For shipping my zip is 79416. Obviously if you're local, pick up is prefered.

I want to build a QUIET NAS, and I have fond memories of my Sonata quieting my WD Raptors in RAID 0, which were loud AF drives...

Would prefer a Sonata, WITH the HD trays.

If you have a compact case that is designed to be a Quiet PC, I'm open to it. Let me know what you have.

If you know of an effective quiet PC case I could buy new, LMK that as well.

Thanks.

Fractal Define Nano S w/o window. The panels have sound deadening mat on them, glass panels obviously do not. Not the quietest case possible, but not far off and has acceptable airflow.
NZXT HUSH HU001 is another classic sound deadened case, though airflow is pathetic as with any old case. Might not be any easier to find than the Sonata.

Not sure if this will work for you, but no pain to post.

Antec Sonata Family Sonata Proto Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case up on the egg.​

Last edited:
Not sure if this will work for you, but no pain to post.

Antec Sonata Family Sonata Proto Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case up on the egg.​

thx, but seller has only 1200 reviews, with 60% being positive (which means 40% NEGATIVE), I'm feeling reluctant to trust the seller, which is not newegg. Not that I trust them much either these days. :whistle:

Thanks for the referral anyways though. I'd probably take the leap if I felt the case was as described, with all the HD trays. So far all the sonatas I've seen are missing all or most of the HD trays. And the Ferengi that sell those want $40-$50 each shipped for them.

Bump for you as a just moved a Sonata Solo (I think that's what it is) around my workshop. I vaguely recall it doesn't use trays but rather some super lame twisted elastic suspension setup. Elastic does not hold up to temps over time. Super weird.

Wish you were local. Shipping is a kick to the head but I have too much spare hardware (including 6 cases that are just in my way).

I vaguely remember wanting a model of the Sonata w/o the door on the front...EBay

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back