WTB super cheap/free computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a $50 + shipping netbook with a SSD I can sell u.
The SSD is almost worth the price of the laptop.

What I have,

Case: Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz (Can be Overclocked)
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212
MB: Intel D975BX2
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800mhz (Can be upgraded to 8GB)
Graphics Card: HD 6870 1GB
SC: Sound Blaster Live 5.1
DVD Rom Drive
650W Thermaltake Silencer power supply

Comes fully stocked with fan's. 2 140mm Noctua PWM fans for the front, 140mm Fractal Design fan for the top & one Fractal Design 120mm on the rear. Font fans are controller buy built in fan controller that came with the case. Will have to supply your own Hard Drive & OS though.

If you're willing to pay shipping. I can sell it for $100.00 + Shipping. Will be shipped in a Case Box with Styrofoam

Last edited:
What I have,

DVD Rom Drive

Comes fully stocked with fan's. 2 140mm Noctua PWM fans for the front, 140mm Fractal Design fan for the top & one Fractal Design 120mm on the rear. Font fans are controller buy built in fan controller that came with the case. Will have to supply your own Hard Drive & OS though.

If you're willing to pay shipping. I can sell it for $100.00 + Shipping. Will be shipped in a Case Box with Styrofoam
Very nice system! Be sure to pull that Hyper 212 off the motherboard before you box it up or ship it or it WILL come off and break a lot of other stuff by the time the receiver gets it.

OP, I saw that Winbook and thought it was a steal for what it was. A w10 licensed system at that price with any decent specs will be hard to find, especially with support. (y)

What I have,

DVD Rom Drive

OMG a D975BX2!

Very nice system! Be sure to pull that Hyper 212 off the motherboard before you box it up or ship it or it WILL come off and break a lot of other stuff by the time the receiver gets it.

OP, I saw that Winbook and thought it was a steal for what it was. A w10 licensed system at that price with any decent specs will be hard to find, especially with support. (y)

Agreed.
The system I had for him is a g3258 acer tower, but it seems like it goes to sleep and then won't wake up after until you hard power down. I had it running fine for days until it went to 'sleep' and he's absolutely not tech savvy so I don't want him having to deal with the BS too much.

Agreed.
The system I had for him is a g3258 acer tower, but it seems like it goes to sleep and then won't wake up after until you hard power down. I had it running fine for days until it went to 'sleep' and he's absolutely not tech savvy so I don't want him having to deal with the BS too much.
Turn sleeping off--problem solved. :D

I actually disable hibernation and sleeping on all my systems. If it's on, I'll be using it. And it will be off if I'm not. SSDs make boot time trivial these days.

I assume he also doesn't have a monitor, keyboard, and a mouse as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back