WTB: "Stuff", laptop blu ray player, possibly a convertable/"2 in 1"

Status
Not open for further replies.

4745454b

Gawd
Done taking vacations for awhile, looking for more parts for my stuff. Shipping will be to 95926.

Looking for a tablet for my GF now. Her daughter bought a SFPro 3, but she is using an old Galaxy S3 that is starting to have some issues. She tried to take a printscreen the other day and got a damaged drive error and thought the phone was dead. (rebooted twice, working now.) Cracks in screen, etc. She is familiar with Android and probably wants to stay that way. She won't want a large unit, something small that fits in one hand. I prefer something with front and back camera's for obvious reasons. Will look at all offers, but not horribly motivated at the moment, though it would be nice to find something by Sept for our anni. Mostly looking for a good deal.

Just remembered I want a "Windows XP gaming laptop". Basically I'm looking for a laptop I can throw XP on and play my classic games that don't work right in Win7. I can't get Galactic battlegrounds to load at all, and Axis and Allies loads, but the mouse moves to fast and none the buttons to press are visible. Probably hoping it has a higher end C2D or C2Q, 2GBs of ram (but will entertain the idea of 1GB, more so if it has open slots.) and something that runs games well in XP. Don't need/want newer hardware as drivers might be hard to find. AMD options are ok as well. Not looking to spend a ton on this either as I won't use it a lot of the time. It also needs to have a dedicated IGP/GPU from ATI/AMD or Nvidia. Intel "extreme" doesn't cut it.

Interested smart watches. More like interested in workout watches. Looking for a strapless heart rate monitor (HRM) that can preferably provide a constant readout though willing to get one that uses fingers for the reading. Need two, one for me and GF. She doesn't have a cell phone (I know, I'm working on it.) so don't need a lot of fancy stuff. I have a Oneplus one and don't mind extras. Even if you don't have one but know of a good one that can be used while working out I'm happy to hear suggestions.

And of course my favorite, "stuff". I'm using a 3770k, 16GBs of ram, 7950, 128 and 256GB Samsung SSDs, 2x 4TB hdd, Capstone 450W Gold PSU, Eyefinity 1080 setup on an actual mount, Z5500 5.1 speakers, Coolermaster 212+. Mouse? Keyboard? Good headphones? Anyone have a USB OTG adapter? Possibly a steering wheel, but I'm less sure about that. (I handle Blur just fine, but Dirt3 gave me fits.) What do you guys have that I didn't realize I need? For the keyboards, mice, headphones, etc I don't do wireless. Wifi is good, but wireless things that run out of battery power while gaming is bad. For headphones, I'm mostly interested in a set that is for gaming, with a mic and everything. One of my 4TB drives is acting up, anyone have a new one or one that is larger?

Bought:
Got my 3770k, thanks mothman.
Bought an internal blue ray drive. Thanks Allen.
IDE/SATA to USB adapter. Thanks Amazon. (company, not person.)

Last edited:
Got the obvious stuff I wanted. Still looking for other ideas. Including the convertible or 2in1, or whatever that's called.

hey, get back to me on that, the drive I have is 12mm not 9mm, if it does not work, I will need to refund u

I have a surface pro 1 & type cover listed. Its in fair condition but can let it go for a pretty good deal.

I saw you had a 128GB pro, so maybe. I'm not sure if the price/performance would be worth it. I would think ~$300 might get me a bit more storage, etc if I shop around. Thanks for the bump.

Morning bump. Still looking for ideas to pimp my rig out. CPU cooler seeing as I'm getting my 3770k today? Perhaps a keyboard or mouse? Headphones? LMK what I need.

Still need USB OTG cable. And an IDE to USB adapter so I can look over my old IDE drivers before I toss them. Open to other ideas, though I don't need more drives. (Possibly a 68pin SCSI PCI card with a cable so I can check those drives to?)

Drive arrived. Will be installing it tomorrow. Still looking for the OTG cable and IDE to USB things.

yea... been buzy ,i have those but .... need to look for it... as for OTG u mean micro USB with 2 USB port for incoming device?

I'm not sure if there is more to it then that. I see them Amazon, etc but I don't know if there is any circuitry inside or not. A coworker has one but it has I think 5 USB plugs on the other end. It's to go into my Oneplus 1 which supports it. I'm assuming I can extend it's storage by plugging in thumb drives.

Also bumping for new want.

Bump. Still looking for the laptop and tablet/convertible. XP laptop should have a dual core or better, hopefully at least 2GBs of ram or the ability to run it, and some sort of ATI/AMD or Nvidia GPU. With it's own dedicated RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back