WTB: Skylake/Kabylake i5

Status
Not open for further replies.

janas19

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking for a Skylake/Kabylake i5-6xxx/7xxx for $80-100. I have a budget PC with 1060 3gb in need of a CPU. Lmk, thank you.

Last edited:
Bump...might be tough at that price for the FHD. I just recently got one for a friend of mine and the best I could do was an i5 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 1600x900 with the hybrid Nvidia/IGP for around $135. I didn't see any FHD around that price point since most of the notebooks that had them also had the 4700mq quad core chip. I've seen plenty of replacement panels though if you have the patience to swap out the panel. GL though! If I see one, I'll send it your way.

Last edited:
Bump...might be tough at that price for the FHD. I just recently got one for a friend of mine and the best I could do was an i5 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 1600x900 with the hybrid Nvidia/IGP for around $135. I didn't see any FHD around that price point since most of the notebooks that had them also had the 4700mq quad core chip. I've seen plenty of replacement panels though if you have the patience to swap out the panel. GL though! If I see one, I'll send it your way.

Thanks! Yes, I can find the HD panel on eBay for $110 all day, so maybe somebody has the dual core i5/FHD model for $150. Especially with no dGPU, seems like a reasonable price.

Thanks! Yes, I can find the HD panel on eBay for $110 all day, so maybe somebody has the dual core i5/FHD model for $150. Especially with no dGPU, seems like a reasonable price.

I just don't think they were optioned that way with lower end processors and high end screens for the regular builds (business off lease stuff hitting ebay). Might have to find a CTO build. Like I said, if I see something, I'll let you know. GL!

Would you be interested in a T440p with i7-4600M? it does have 1920x1080 screen, 16GB ram and a 500GB SSD in it. I'll have to look for a power adapter and boot it up. should also be licensed for win 10 pro.

I just don't think they were optioned that way with lower end processors and high end screens for the regular builds (business off lease stuff hitting ebay). Might have to find a CTO build. Like I said, if I see something, I'll let you know. GL!

You're right, I may end up just picking up one with the TN display instead.

Would you be interested in a T440p with i7-4600M? it does have 1920x1080 screen, 16GB ram and a 500GB SSD in it. I'll have to look for a power adapter and boot it up. should also be licensed for win 10 pro.

Sending PM

I have a T440p, i5. Could sell for 100$, can throw in a dock as well for an extra 25 if interested. I have lots of these by the way, like around 40 or so.

Ok, so I found out that to find m.2 2242 you have to search 120/240GB size. Good to know!

When I find a 6700 or 6700k for my Bro's PC you can have his i5 6500 for $80 shipped. I am still on the hunt for the i7 so no ETR but tossing it out there in case you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back