WTB: s939 x2

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
I have a s939 setup that is running a 3700+ single core with a GTS250 running the F@H GPU2 client .. looking for an inexpensive as possible dual core to throw on this gigabyte mobo so I can run the smp client as well on it.

Thanks in advanced

Paypal verified
Heat (281-0-0)

Last edited:
You will have an overall drop in ppd if you run the GPU and CPU client on that system at the same time.

I tried it on the rig in my sig and it wasn't worth it to even run the CPU client.

Maybe if you have a beastly dual socket 16 or higher core setup.

I should have a 3800+ x2 coming available in a few weeks, if you're still looking at that time I'll ping ya, prob just ask for shipping costs to be covered.

As cyclone3d has stated, your overall PPD will drop significantly.

I did the exact same thing with a 3800+ X2 and GTS250. My points dropped about 2-3K per day because of it. Also, even with the SMP client, that CPU will be lucky to net you 700 PPD max.

Get it if you really want it, but it's not worth it imo, for performance, PPD, or power usage.

Run a uniprocessor, and then the GTS250. Should gain a little PPD.

i got 2 s939's opteron 165 and 175 both still working 30 bucks for either and its urs

Sounds like this would be the way to go then on this old box ..uniprocessor on one core ..the vidcard on the other core

Exactly what I did, definitely stay away from the SMP client in this case. The uni-processor client is great though.

Last edited:
On Topic - OP, if you do it , as said run uni-CPU rather than SMP

Off Topic- That i7 @4.2 Ghz should pull more D at less power than your 460 mate ;) Especially if your run BigAdv

You will have an overall drop in ppd if you run the GPU and CPU client on that system at the same time.

I tried it on the rig in my sig and it wasn't worth it to even run the CPU client.

Maybe if you have a beastly dual socket 16 or higher core setup.

Back