WTB - removable drive bay swing out door cover

x509

2[H]4U
A plastic "thingie" on the door cover broke, and now it won't stay shut. PM if you have one for sale or trade.

Besides this forum, where else should I post this WTB?

Thanks.

Yeah, a picture would be helpful, or part # or you know, maybe what brand , any information may help. If it's just a plastic piece you may be able to find it pretty cheaply or even get it 3d printed on the cheap (if you don't care if it's 100% perfect looking).

Sure. Here are some pictures. The first shows the front of my Corsair 800D case, (https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Obsidian-Black-Computer-CC800DW/dp/B002JLAU58) with the hotswap drives, but with the door removed. The second shows the door which I removed. The piece of plastic to the left of the door is the part that snaps in to the case to keep the door closed. Normally it is perpendicular to the door. On the door, right next to the broken off piece is the part that is still in the door.

Looks don't matter.

Attachments

• IMG_0821.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    341.8 KB · Views: 0
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
(Mental note to myself to check on this for you.) I have around 200+ random computer cases in my garage, but it's going to take a few weeks to go through everything.

As a repair note, could you just use some sort of two part plastic epoxy, and reattach the broken piece? It'd probably take only a few minutes to test it out and then hours leaving it to dry. Worst case scenario is it breaks again.

(Mental note to myself to check on this for you.) I have around 200+ random computer cases in my garage, but it's going to take a few weeks to go through everything.

As a repair note, could you just use some sort of two part plastic epoxy, and reattach the broken piece? It'd probably take only a few minutes to test it out and then hours leaving it to dry. Worst case scenario is it breaks again.
Thanks. I think I have some 2 part epoxy in the garage somewhere.

Well it worked and it didn't work. Yes, I could exopy on that thin piece plastic to the door, BUT, BUT, BUT, the angle was wrong. The plastic is supposed to slide into a very small opening in the case that is a push on/push off lock (?). Because that thin piece of plastic was not exactly perpendicular to the door, it did not line up that small opening. I'm not surprised. This was a long shot.

Beaflag VonRathburg please do check in your garage

Back